Hobgoblin Dark English Ale

Sandman31774

• Members

I dig the Hobgoblin - it's been on regular rotation at my local liquor store lately so I've been buying it quite a bit. Probably my favourite of the Wychwoods.

Yes, it's my favorite Wychwood brew. It's also pretty much exactly the same as Samuel Smiths Nut Brown Ale. Light taste and smooth, it's like drinking soda pop. Newcastle is easy like that as well.

• Members

The 6 "official" Trappist breweries of Belgium are Westmalle, Westvleteren, Chimay, Rochefort, Orval and Achel. Some day I'm going to take a tour of Belgium and hit them all up.

To date I've only had Westmalle, Chimay, and Orval. Chimay being the best of the bunch IMO (the blue one being in my top 5).

• Members

The 6 "official" Trappist breweries of Belgium are Westmalle, Westvleteren, Chimay, Rochefort, Orval and Achel. Some day I'm going to take a tour of Belgium and hit them all up.

To date I've only had Westmalle, Chimay, and Orval. Chimay being the best of the bunch IMO (the blue one being in my top 5).

You're a blue label lover too? We shoudl be friends.

have you tried the gold label yet? Its alot lighter in colour than the red and blue, but in between in the alcohol content.

• Members

You're a blue label lover too? We shoudl be friends.

have you tried the gold label yet? Its alot lighter in colour than the red and blue, but in between in the alcohol content.

Yeah, you don't see the gold (I've always called it "white") as much as the red or blue for some reason. Haven't had that one in a few years.

Archived