Feedback on Crate Palomino V32

matt28

• Members

Hi Everyone,

I have a Crate Palomino V32 30 watt amp and I have been having feedback issues with it. The feedback mainly ocurs when I have my Boss Metal Core (not Metal Zone) distortion pedal on it. The feedback can get pretty bad and starts pretty quickly but if I go a certain distance it all of a sudden stops. This would solve the problem except that I usually play in places (like my drummers room) that don't have enough room for me to move the sufficient distance. Does anybody know of any cures to this problem besides from going far away from my amp?

Thanks,

Matt

• Members

Thanks for the input but do you know of any way to fix that without buying a whole new pair of pickups?

Thanks,

Matt

Ya, it was mentioned. Turn down your gain. Also mess with your tone controls and possibly get a cheap EQ pedal to notch those frequencies out a bit.

• Members

Are your pickups wax potted?

I actually don't know if my pickups are wax potted. I get the problem when I play through my Epiphone Les Paul classic, does anybody know if those pickups are wax potted?

• Members

Thanks for all the help everybody!:)

I'll probably get a noise gate and possibly get new pickups (I should probably do this anyway becuase the stock ones are not great).

I'm not sure if my Epiphone is an "old" one. I got it a couple of years ago but I think its a pretty new model. Also, just incase this makes any differance to you, my feedback is less of a squeal and more of a monotonal hum. Its pretty wierd.

Thanks again,

Matt

Archived