recording update T.C.F. thrash/crossover/hardcore

enforcer

• Members

OK, I promised a few here an update when we would be finished mixing. and it seems we're pretty close to completion of our new demo. check it our at:

TCFnewsongsonline.jpg

www.myspace.com/thrashcorefanatics

It's {censored}ty myspace quality but it still sounds decent, oh and it's by no mean meant as an amp clip but more of a finished song. We went for a somewhat organic sound, without triggers/protools and stuff like that.

Cheers!

Hans

• Members

We went for a somewhat organic sound, without triggers/protools and stuff like that.

So, did you use Cubase because it's more organic, or teh wut? :confused:

Ok, bad joke. Your band is way cooler than all the new stuff that tries to be more br3wta1z and just fails. And as far as the subject of the forum goes, that's actually one of the better metal sounds I've heard here.

• Members

So, did you use Cubase because it's more organic, or teh wut?
:confused:

Ok, bad joke. Your band is way cooler than all the new stuff that tries to be more br3wta1z and just fails. And as far as the subject of the forum goes, that's actually one of the better metal sounds I've heard here.

Thanx man! if we had the oppertunity we would have used an analog recorder but we used a standalone digital one, but we didn't correct anything. I used my ENGL invader 100 but I made it sound as close as possible to an 80's boosted JCM 800 as on those old thrash records. I initially recorded with my SE but it sounded too big and modern/ too much low end.

• Members

Cool sound and clips, Anthrax/SOD all the way! But why did you own/use so many amps, trouble finding your tone or is that Engl the sex now?

I just really prefer ENGLs for any kind of tight metal, I owned almost any high gainer of any name and the SE is my favourite by quite a bit.!

• 2 years later...
  • Members

LOL I just came across this old post. By now we're a full band (we added a guitar player) and we recorded and released our first proper EP "Speed or Bleed" (check our myspace and you can always order a CD with me ;-)). We just signed to Witches Brew records (also GAMA BOMB and TOXIC HOLOCAUST) for the release of our first full lenght in early 2011...

• Members

LOL I just came across this old post. By now we're a full band (we added a guitar player) and we recorded and released our first proper EP "Speed or Bleed" (check our myspace and you can always order a CD with me ;-)). We just signed to Witches Brew records (also GAMA BOMB and TOXIC HOLOCAUST) for the release of our first full lenght in early 2011...

Congrats man!

Archived