Which of these 3 amps would you choose?

HMCMedic

• Members
VS

http://koti.mbnet.fi/ojakola/Tommi%20Inkila%20-%20Building%20The%20Mood.mp3
I...g The Mood.mp3

Enuff said
:thu:

Why do the F50 guys get so upset when someone doesnt like those amps? I tried one twice. Both times at gigging volume. Also tried the Stilletto, Roadster, Lonestar, Marshall JVM and Vintage Modern, a couple of Fuchs both times. The F50 isn't in the same league as any of those other amps. Period. But that's just my opinion...

• Members

Why do the F50 guys get so upset when someone doesnt like those amps? I tried one twice. Both times at gigging volume. Also tried the Stilletto, Roadster, Lonestar, Marshall JVM and Vintage Modern, a couple of Fuchs both times. The F50 isn't in the same league as any of those other amps. Period. But that's just my opinion...

To say the F-50 is the worse Mesa Boogie amp is a very strong opinion, and inaccurate.

My first thought after reading your post was you never really tried one or didn't spend enough time with it... or don't know how to work it.

This board has a bunch of clips and hundreds upon hundreds of very happy owners.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=885856

The F-50 isn't a Road King by any means.. but comparing it next to a Lonestar is kinda absurd. Two entirely different amps all together.

The OP wrote:

I'm wanting a bit higher gain

The Lonestar isn't a high gain amp. The F-50 is a very diverse amp and probably his best choice based on his requirements.

• Members
but comparing it next to a Lonestar is kinda absurd. Two entirely different amps all together.

Did you miss the part about the Stilletto and Roadster? Ive also played Rectos and Mark series amps over the years.

• Members

To those that suggested "keep the vox" did ya read all of his post? The vox is a world class amp but ranks up there with a fender twin for "high gain". It's like buying a ferrari for mud slinging. If you want higher gain the F-50 is bad ass. I'm not sure what the one poster was thinking when he said you'll be tweaking amp settings, replacing tubes, speakers, etc. He must have meant a musa noogie F-50. The mesa boogie f-50 is very simple, straight forward and produces a fantastic tone with next to no effort. It's a great amp.

I'm the guy who posted about tweaking the hell out of the F-50. FYI, I owned that amp for 3 years and plalyed a lot of gigs with it. From day 1 I started tweaking. Some guys seem to like the F-50, I'm not going to say it's total crap. But if you go to the "F-50 Brotherhood" thread you'll see the same pattern, guys swapping tubes, speakers, attenuators and finally hanging the 4 sale sign on it. I know because I went through the same thing with mine but in the end it was like beating a dead horse. As I said I played mine for 3 years. I'd say I gave it a fare shake. It's gone now and I do not miss it for one second.

• Members

was it that f-50 on craigslist over in Kirkland? I wonder if he will take my Sunn 1x15 bass combo that doesn't work for it
:lol:

He was in Renton:)

Thanks for all the great responses:) I was kinda scared to come over here and post in the amp forum (being a long time FX forumite:))

Yous guys is okay:wave:

• Members

Keep the (best) Vox (ever made) over the (budget) Mesa combo. Now if you could trade it for a old blackface recto/rectoverb combo i'd reconsider. Never even heard of Madison. But anyway comparing a Vox AC30 to a Mesa is litteraly (which i'm not good at) comparing the Beatles with Metallica, or Queen with Linkin park.

• Members

im a fan of mesa stuff in general so i guess the f-50 would be my choice, although i have not really had an opportunity to try those others.

and maybe the mark II combo could be cool. i dont know for sure but i think you can have those 2s modded to C+ specs or something like that.

Archived