DHL Shippers suck!!!

keith2112

• Members

I ordered my brother a Retro Sonic chorus from one shop and myself another pedal from another. My brother's pedal came UPS yesterday. Mine is somewhere in the world on a DHL truck two days late. When it didn't come yesterday I thought for sure it would be here today. I get home and no pedal. After about 5 calls to them and hearing a different story everytime, one lady tells me it is in transit from VA to NC. It sat in VA hub for about 24 hours. Before that it sat in another hub for about 18 hours. So, it shipped monday the 17th and was susposed to get here yesterday. Funny thing is the web site is telling me estimated delivery 3-19-08. To bad it is allready 3-20-08. Anyone else having trouble with them???

• Members

From my experiences, DHL is horrible. The drivers are assholes. I've had several items sent back to the sender because the driver refused to ring the buzzer for my apartment. The tracking said ""Consignee premises closed. Will attempt again next business day." This went on for three days straight. I was home each of these days at the times listed on the tracking site. Other times, they have left the package (which supposedly required a signature) in front of my door, unattended, or have throw the package roughly 20 feet onto my balcony. {censored} DHL. {censored} them in the asshole with a rubber dick.

• Members

I like DHL. I've had 4x12 cabs shipped to me with them and got them without any problems or damage. I use Fedex for pretty much everything because it's close to me and I like it better than UPS, but DHL is the best for really big things like cabs, in my opinion... If I ever sell a 4x12 to someone I have to ship it to, I'm going to use DHL...

• Members

Only company I have ever had call me when they couldn't find the place (ups just gives up and sends it back to the seller, assholes).

USPS is the {censored}ing worst:

Ordered a text book January 19th. Got that {censored} February 12th.

From illinois to upstate NY. Epic {censored}ing fail.

• Members

Only company I have ever had call me when they couldn't find the place (ups just gives up and sends it back to the seller, assholes).

USPS is the {censored}ing worst:

Ordered a text book January 19th. Got that {censored} February 12th.

From illinois to upstate NY. Epic {censored}ing fail.

That's not USPS's fault. They most likely sent the book with media mail. USPS media mail is well known for being the slowest possible shipping you can get. USPS Priority is always really fast... 2-3 days no matter where you are.

• Members

The funny thing about dhl is they sublet alot of their shipments, which is to say they give them to other couriers to deliver. Just yesterday I received my dhl package..from the usps mailman! I honestly don't know how they make any money if they have to pay one of the other big shippers to ship it?:confused:

• Members

I had a Comp monitor sent DHL. Supposed to be 3 days. I Paid for 3 day delivery. Ordered on a Mon, out on Tues. I waited. Checked tracking. Nothing. So I called them by Fri. Waited. Monday I got a call back. Item is in location hub. Weds of the next week rolls along. Nothing. I call again. Still at the hub. THE HUB was 6 miles from my residence. I said can I go pick it up there?? No you have to pre auth from the place you ordered. Waited longer. I called and they sent it to ANOTHER HUB ?? It took 18 f'n days to get the item with a 3day service order.

• Members

I buy and sell horns (mostly Cornets, Fleugelhorns, Trumpets ... nothing unusually large or heavy).

I often use a local shipping-agent, "Postal Suites" (I think it's a franchise). I asked about the carriers. He uses USPS, Fed/Ex and UPS. He told me he used to use DHL, but had so many problems and complaints, he severed his contract with them.

• Members

Like this is news to anyone that has ever shipped anything..

it's hit and miss..AT BEST with any carrier. I ship and recieve regularly from Canada, percentage-wise my best dealings have been with USPS and Canada Post.

but i have to agree that every delivery service sucks righteously..

• Members

I had a bad experience with a DHL driver, this dude didnt drive far enough down the road to find our house...he turned at the neighbors house and THREW the package out of his window onto their driveway in front of their garage and then drove away! DHL got a phone call from me on that one.:mad: They said it had been delivered, i said yea, to the wrong house...then i told them what i saw him do...they said he would turn around, pick it up and redeliver it to the correct address.

I went over to the neighbors house, picked it up and brought it home before he got back...let them sweat it out for a while.

• Members

I've been using DHL exclusively for about a year now. No problems, usually cheaper than UPS/FedX, sometimes faster than both.

I've had shipments arive at DHL mid afternoon and they have run them right out to me. UPS won't do that, not sure about FedX.

:confused:

• Members

I have made "friends" with my delivery people, whether it be UPS, Fed/Ex, USPS. I sometimes (usually) am around to receive deliveries ... I go out to their truck even before they step out, and say "hello" ... sometimes a little friendly "chit-chat", maybe even offer a cup of coffee if it's still morning.

I ask about their routes, how many miles per day they have to travel, where they live, etc., etc. I always tell them, "Thank You!".

(Also, the USPS rural-delivery person looks like a "super-model", and I've made it a point to become acquainted :love::thu:).

They seem pleased that someone appreciates their efforts and has in interest in what they do. They reciprocate by hand-delivering items, carefully. Even placing parcels inside my porch, when I am not home.

BTW -- in dealing with Canada ... I've shipped several horns to Canadian destinations, via USPS. Oddly, there is a limit (about $750) for how much insurance you can declare on the parcel.

• Members

I shipped a 4x12 cab with DHL only to have it nearly destroyed. I am not sure what they did to it but there was a huge tear in the tolex and a deep gouge in the wood. They grill cloth was ripped and there were several other dings. $350.00 - $400.00 to repair.

And the best part... It was insured for $500.00. What a joke! It was like pulling teeth to get them to pay.

I will NEVER ship with DHL again!

• Members

I work at the Internet Warehouse for http://www.moosejaw.com, I can vouch that DHL is the {censored}tiest of the {censored}tiest companies to work with. We also work with Fedex, USPS, and UPS.

People call us and bitch for hours over {censored} they send back to us VIA DHL, asking why they haven't received their money for a return.. Then it shows up on a DHL truck a Week later. The drivers suck and act as if its your job to unload the truck. The UPS and Fedex Drivers maybe be douche bags but at least they get {censored} here on time and In an orderly fashion.

USPS is always on time and very nice about it. They actually get out of their trucks/vans and wheel the packages over to the correct departments and everything.

Archived