Blackheart amp question...........

NappyDugOut

• Members

I have the Head version. I just noticed that when my volume knob is all the way off there is still sound coming from the amp. Is this a bad thing? It doesn't bother me in the least, but is there something wrong with the amp? Other than that it's an awesome amp.

Thanx for any help/opinion:wave:

• Members

It's just the volume pot. It all depends on what type is used.

I think thats what it is. Just fired up a rebuilt Fender Concert and the volume pots got replaced with a proper audio pot. Dead quite on zero. Could be the way the grounding is done also. If the volume is on a long grounding path and it's closer to the ungrounded end, it's possible some of the bled off signal up stream could pass through it or the grounding path it self acts as small resistance.

• Members

I think thats what it is. Just fired up a rebuilt Fender Concert and the volume pots got replaced with a proper audio pot. Dead quite on zero. Could be the way the grounding is done also. If the volume is on a long grounding path and it's closer to the ungrounded end, it's possible some of the bled off signal up stream could pass through it or the grounding path it self acts as small resistance.

That sounds feasible:thu:

Archived