I found some groove tubes that are really Sovteks?

logansc

• Members

cool. I learned something new. I just assumed since they make other stuff mics, preamps, etc. Tht they made the tubes too. Alright. Well then that's silly. It's just a distributor that puts there name on stuff. How can you tell what kind of tube they really are then without buying them? I'm sticking with JJ's.

• Members

According to groove Tubes they match tubes and give the pair a rating. When you retube and buy the same type of tube in the same rating class you can replace them and not need to rebias. They claim they have a unique and extensive way in which they test the tubes. If I am not mistaken they burn them in to insure the tube will not prematurly fail.

They buy tubes and reject a good percentage of them.

They have a good return policy but they do charge a bit more for them.

They are not really evil as some people think.

I have Groove Tubes that came stock in a Deluxe Reverb Reissue. They are Electro Harmonix tubes which I believe is russian as well. There is a high plate voltage on these amps and I have biased it relatively hot and they sound and perform great. Sometimes the tubes they (Sovtek) make for some "distributors" are according to the distributors specs. Just like when you buy a shirt. It is made in a factory that makes loads of shirts for different designers according to their spec.

Archived