So, putting together a computer is annoying as hell...

JoshuaLogan

• Members

{censored}ing incredibly aggrivated right now. All my parts from newegg came and i'm trying to assemble everything, and I got the motherboard installed and everything connected to it, but I can't mount the dvd burner in it's drive bay. It should be easy as hell, but it's driving me crazy. :mad:

There's two angled metal tabs I'm supposed to put on the sides of it and "slide it in until it clicks" but it's not working any way I've tried and irritating the {censored} out of me. Any of you know EXACTLY what to do? :o

• Members
Sounds like the Flux Capacitor has slipped and is in the way. Just move it back and tighten the screw DONE
:wave:

But not too tight, because if it blows, it could create a time paradox, the results of which could start a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worst case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to our own galaxy.

• Members
But not too tight, because if it blows, it could create a time paradox, the results of which could start a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worst case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to our own galaxy.

Thanks Herald ... I knew I forgot something :poke: :eek:

• Members

HAhahHA, Thats my favorite line from back to the future Herald of light.

But back to the topic of the dvd drive. Are you sure you are putting the drive in the right bay? Alot of cases only have the top two bays for the dvd drive, and the ones below are for memory card readers, floppydrives, etc. Also read the manuel that came with the case, cause you may have to take off both sides of the case to open up the slot for it to be able to slide in.

• Members

HAhahHA, Thats my favorite line from back to the future Herald of light.

But back to the topic of the dvd drive. Are you sure you are putting the drive in the right bay? Alot of cases only have the top two bays for the dvd drive, and the ones below are for memory card readers, floppydrives, etc. Also read the manuel that came with the case, cause you may have to take off both sides of the case to open up the slot for it to be able to slide in.

lol I'm not that stupid. the floppy/memory card drives are only 3.5 inches and these are 5.25 inches.... that wouldn't even come close to working. I skipped the dvd drive and just went and mounted the hard drives and such... now the only thing that's left is the dvd drive. maye I'm putting the metal rail/tab things on wrong... when I try to push it in it gets stuck and goes in all awkwardly and just is a total bitch...

bah. back to trying to figure it out I guess....

Archived