BROWN Tone -- What is it exactly?

dan_nazarian

• Members

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=503988&content=music

pretty much anything this dude pumps out on his metro plexis

just somthin about how the amp is voiced to get that sound

makes me so freggin creative and breath fire

+1 my 100w metro is almost done !! will go perfect with my collection and hope itll be my new #1

im upto 3 Brays an 1 stock now this beast !

there was this other Mojave clip that was freggin awesome, but i've

heard that no one on earth other than the builder can get that tone

from their Mojave amps

• Members

If you started a thread titled "my opinion", I wouldn't click on it, but you're hijacking
:cop:

everyone is voicing their opinion as to how to acheive the ever-elusive "brown sound"

people have tried for years to duplicate this guitar tone, unsuccessfully. there are many theories as to how to acheive it, but none seem to get it quite there. people seem to forget that its not as easy as a plexi with a variac through greenbacks, cranked.

look:

EVH3.jpg

EVH1.jpg

i just thought i'd throw my opinion into the pot.

• Members

everyone is voicing their opinion as to how to acheive the ever-elusive "brown sound"

people have tried for years to duplicate this guitar tone, unsuccessfully. there are many theories as to how to acheive it, but none seem to get it quite there. people seem to forget that its not as easy as a plexi with a variac through greenbacks, cranked.

look:

i just thought i'd throw my opinion into the pot.

he wasnt using 5150s for vh1, any album after that isnt the brown sound to my ears

• Members

see the pictures that aren't guitargeek'd.

those are his old marshalls.

im quite aware that he had a lot going on with his setup, but the main points of his tone are always going to be a variac, a plexi, and some greenbacks

i swear to god that will get you 90% of the way there

but i do agree with you, the tone is way overrated

doesn't mean it isn't good though:cop:

• Members

im quite aware that he had a lot going on with his setup, but the main points of his tone are always going to be a variac, a plexi, and some greenbacks

i swear to god that will get you 90% of the way there

it does. i've tried that with my super lead, and wasted too much time doing so.

i thought his (studio) setup for VH I was relatively simple. that particular marshall head + the variac + the greenback cab(s) was how he got that sound i guess, but there's his playing style and who knows what else.

• Members

OMG he's so punk he bought a $2000+ guitar and took the neck pickup out and the knobs and switches off!!

the retard could get that tone from an epiphone

Yeah. Still though, going back full circle, what did Eddie do to his Strats? He isn't the first one to rip apart a guitar.

:p

Let the dude do whatever he wants. Guarunteed he bought that guitar with record label money, so {censored} it.

• Members

it does. i've tried that with my super lead, and wasted too much time doing so.

i thought his (studio) setup for VH I was relatively simple. that particular marshall head + the variac + the greenback cab(s) was how he got that sound i guess, but there's his playing style and who knows what else.

CDVH4.jpg

A Maestro Echoplex, he also had JBL's in his cabs

• Members

pretty much anything this dude pumps out on his metro plexis

just somthin about how the amp is voiced to get that sound

makes me so freggin creative and breath fire

+1 my 100w metro is almost done !! will go perfect with my collection and hope itll be my new #1

im upto 3 Brays an 1 stock now this beast !

there was this other Mojave clip that was freggin awesome, but i've

heard that no one on earth other than the builder can get that tone

from their Mojave amps

So you're saying that you like that tone? It sounds like a pod to me. I have never been a big fan of that tone anyway so I could be a bit biased.

• Members

So you're saying that you like that tone? It sounds like a pod to me. I have never been a big fan of that tone anyway so I could be a bit biased.

So how long have you had a hearing disability? Sorry to find this out. Bummer

Archived