NAD! ENGL Content!!!

Eschatologist

• Members

Ebay. Figured I saved close to a grand getting it used, has maybe 3 months of use, not a scratch I can find, stock tubes. Came with the Z10 pedal. I was nervous as all hell, I knew for a while that I wanted a Savage, but having never heard one then winning one used, it was a gamble that I came out on top.

• Members

Ebay. Figured I saved close to a grand getting it used, has maybe 3 months of use, not a scratch I can find, stock tubes. Came with the Z10 pedal. I was nervous as all hell, I knew for a while that I wanted a Savage, but having never heard one then winning one used, it was a gamble that I came out on top.

Never saw the auction, may i ask what you payed for it?

• Members

I think I am in love with the switchable master volumes with independent presence. Now I just gotta figure out how to setup switching between FX channels and how to tie them together. I've gone about as far as getting my Decimator in there and working nicely.

• Members

If he got it for around a grand cheaper than new - I'd guess $1300-1500 range and that be a helluva good deal!

$1700 including the Z10, which is an extra $200 new. Factor in exchange and taxes. I originally didn't want to replace my long time 2 channel Recto until some time in the summer, but this popped up and I figured I should take advantage of our dollar still being high. I compared the price of a new one and it came out to around $900 or so, depending on exchange, saved. Considering this thing could pass for new, I'd say I lucked out!

• Members

Welcome to the club. Embrace the brutality.

Tips while you are tweaking:

Learn how the gain knobs relate b/c they're interconnected.
Keep master volume on the high side, this amp LOVES power saturation.
Keep the presence pretty low, I've never seen anyone, myself included, use it more than halfway.

• Members

When i had mine i was using it with a g-glex cab and both engl cabs and a earcandy it sounded good with all i figured it would match up well with the vader.

I've owned a Gflex, and there is a definite difference between the cabs. The G has a much looser bottom, the Vader is much tighter, which is what I was going for. I've been able to really crank it a couple times and the Vader holds up so well at high volumes, shakes the house and the entire neighbourhood along with it. Still tinkering with recording some clips, I'll post em here when I get some good ones down.

Archived