OT: My new trainer just whooped my weak ass.

EvilMeow

• Members

I don't get how the {censored} people can feel good after exercising. No matter what I've ever done, even when I was exercising regularly (Never had a trainer or anything though), I still always felt like complete {censored} the rest of the day.

just a total guess here but i would bet your diet can have a lot to do with that...if you're not getting plenty of protein with healthy carbs & staying hydrated, then a workout is just gonna wear you out; you really gotta eat smart and make sure you eat enough for what you're putting your body thru

i feel great when i work out...but that doesn't mean i'm not tired/sore

• Members

serious question: how do you find GOOD PTs? I can only ever seem to locate useless n00bz
:(

That sucks. I've just always lucked into good PTs. I mean, I talk for a while about their workout/diet philosophy, but you just use common sense.

• Members

For $90.00 a session he'd better supply you with some serious steroids :freak:

I'll give you that doing it yourself is probably inefficient, but $90.00 is inefficient on a normal man's wallet :freak:

I get good results by actually going to the gym, instead of letting my GF talk me out of it by saying she's too tired, or her legs hurt, etc.

• Members
serious question: how do you find GOOD PTs? I can only ever seem to locate useless n00bz

this guy is the training director at the gym i go to, most of the training programs are based on a program that he designed (given every trainer/client does things a little differently)

flex.jpg

• Members

That blows. I actually just switched gyms from a 24-Hour Fitness to a professional gym. Pretty much everyone in that gym is much larger than I am, and all the PT's are former/current competitive bodybuilders. Yeah there's not nearly the hot-chick ratio as there was at 24HF, but at least I can use the f@#king weights and not have to drive around the parking lot for a half hour to find a spot.

One of the nice things about a PT is that you can get a few sessions and then just take what they've taught you and repeat it. You can do this until you hit a plateau with your weight training or until you feel your muscles "getting bored" with the same exercises. Get another session for more stuff, and then you've got a battery of stuff you can do on your own.

• Members

One of the nice things about a PT is that you can get a few sessions and then just take what they've taught you and repeat it. You can do this until you hit a plateau with your weight training or until you feel your muscles "getting bored" with the same exercises. Get another session for more stuff, and then you've got a battery of stuff you can do on your own.

Exactly! It's having that kind of expertise around that really makes getting in shape a lot easier.

By the way, check this out, lol.

Me last fall: on the far right (yes that's my sister on the left, yes bad idea, I know, but I don't feel like cropping.)

240 lbs, 28% body fat.

fatalex.jpg

Me now:

200 lbs, 17% body fat. Wearing a size L shirt comfortably for the first time since early high school.

IMG_0578.JPG

I still have a ways to go, but being in a no bull{censored} workout area is a huge benefit, and having a trainer is just the kick in the ass that I need when I'm feeling lazy.

• Members

just a total guess here but i would bet your diet can have a lot to do with that...if you're not getting plenty of protein with healthy carbs & staying hydrated, then a workout is just gonna wear you out; you really gotta eat smart and make sure you eat
enough
for what you're putting your body thru

i feel great when i work out...but that doesn't mean i'm not tired/sore

I drink water like crazy...but yeah, the rest of my diet is complete {censored}. But I'm the pickiest eater ever. 90-something % of everything I try tastes like complete {censored}, to the point it makes me want to puke.

• Members

I drink water like crazy...but yeah, the rest of my diet is complete {censored}. But I'm the pickiest eater ever. 90-something % of everything I try tastes like complete {censored}, to the point it makes me want to puke.

I used to be the same way. The more you try different stuff, the more you get used to it and start to enjoy it. All tastes are very much acquired. I'm finally at the point where a good 80% of junk food tastes like total ass to me nowadays.

Archived