Just watched There Will Be Blood

JoshuaLogan

• Members

strange movie. kinda cool. I liked parts of it, and the character was definitely interesting.... but didn't really love the movie as a whole. not enough story for me really... I like stories a lot more than "character studies"... interesting to watch though. haven't ever really seen anything like it before, and I guess that's saying something.

some of the scenes were pretty intense... just like "wow, what a psychopath..." haha

what'd you guys think of it?

• Members

meh

its called character development

not everyone can appreciate it

hmm, I'd say character study actually, since that's what the whole thing was about. not really much story, just a lot of time looking at how {censored}ed up the guy was. there was some really well written parts though... all the revenge kinda scenes with the irony... cool stuff.

I didn't know until just now that one of the guys from radiohead did the soundtrack.... cool, I guess, although it was mostly just strings and tension noise.... not really any music...

• Members

It was a great movie, though not really my thing. Fantastic acting, writing and directing. For me, the story could have been a bit more engaging (particularly towards the end where it basically becomes a bunch of unconnected vignettes). However they did what they wanted to accomplish, and they blew it out of the water. Also the soundtrack was fantastic. I was highly impressed with that Radiohead guy's compositional talents (and that of Brahms :cop:)

• Members

I was absolutely glad I watched this movie. The whole tension between the preacher and the oil man and their various confrontations were excellent. Plus, you had the added dynamic of the oil man and the son...how {censored}ed up was that whole relationship? "YOU'RE JUST A BASTARD BABY IN A BASKET. YOUR JUST A BASTARD BABY IN A BASKET." Hell, the part where he deals with his "brother" is worth watching the movie alone.

I watched it and wasn't quite sure what I thought about it, but upon reflection, I realize that it was a great movie. Much better than "No Country For Old Men," but only because that move just left {censored} out and had a horrible ending. TWBB had a phenomenal ending...I love bowling too!!!!

• Members

Daniel Day Lewis is amazing at playing a complete piece of {censored}. Great, underrated actor.

He's not underrated among people who have heard of him. The only reason he might be underrated among the general public is that he doesn't work very often. Unlike most of Hollywood, he appears to realize that he doesn't need more and more money and can pick and choose from only the roles that really grab him.

Seriously, seriously talented guy....he's one of the best out there IMO. I've never seen him do anything less than a fantastic job, even in movies I didn't care for.

• Members

Here's my take on the movie.

Seemed boring at first, but when he blew off the pastor at the well opening ceremony, and then a guy died right away, I though we were going to have some cool creepy supernatural thriller. Of course, that doesn't happen, it just goes on and on, almost as if the author didn't know where to go with the story. The end was an epic fail.

• Members

i tried to watch that movie in the theater- it was way too long and boring for me- i had to get up and leave.

i think ive only actually walked out on one other movie in my life and that was that one about car-jacking that came out in teh mid nineties.

• Members

I wasn't hip on it....it seemed to me yet another pretentious movie courtesy of modern Hollywood. Very few movies today are really, truly art. The rest seem that they're trying far too hard...strange camera angles, odd lighting, choppy editing....all to seem artsy, when, at its core, the script and directing aren't all that good. Something trying to be what its not. So, I give it a solid 'meh.'

Archived