Who can I get to build me a mahogany Ibanez S body clone? What builders?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I just won an Ibanez RG1527 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250254991174), and I want to find someone who will make me a new body for it. I'm using the neck and the tremolo from it... I just want an S style body for it... same shape, same wood (mahogany), etc.

Brent Gutierrez said he might do it for me, but I don't know yet for sure, and if he doesn't I need to find someone who will.

Any of you have any ideas who could/would do it?

• Members

I just won an Ibanez RG1527 (
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250254991174
), and I want to find someone who will make me a new body for it. I'm using the neck and the tremolo from it... I just want an S style body for it... same shape, same wood (mahogany), etc.

Brent Gutierrez said he might do it for me, but I don't know yet for sure, and if he doesn't I need to find someone who will.

Any of you have any ideas who could/would do it?

Ron @ Mammoth Custom Guitars, the best for the job he worked at LACS ( custom shop for Ibanez) his email is mammothguitars@sbcglobal.net Tell him Scott sent you I am sure he'll do it, He can make it flame quilted or whatever you want as well

• Members

Can you not find a 7 string S body made from mahogany on ebay?

I know there were some 6 string ones...I've never got into 7's.

Regular S bodies won't fit, because they have 22 frets. The scale length would be off. Plus I think there was only one 7 string S ever before.

I wanted the new 24 fret S5470, and then I got it and didn't like it because the sustain is really weak, and then I just now got into 7 strings and decided to switch over to them...

• Members

Regular S bodies won't fit, because they have 22 frets. The scale length would be off. Plus I think there was only one 7 string S ever before.

I wanted the new 24 fret S5470, and then I got it and didn't like it because the sustain is really weak, and then I just now got into 7 strings and decided to switch over to them...

They had the s7420 and the S5407 and I think they are one or 2 more maybe

• Members

there was an S540 7 string? I didn't know that... damn, if I knew that I probably would have just held out and waited for one to come up used and dealt with only having 22 frets. would be a lot less expensive

yeah but the last one I seen was 15 years old though, sometimes you'll find them on the bay.

• Members

yeah but the last one I seen was 15 years old though, sometimes you'll find them on the bay.

I emailed Ron and told him about it and that you recommended him. Hopefully he'll say yes and it will cost a reasonable amount. I don't want anything fancy. Just a plain natural mahogany S body.

• Members

I emailed Ron and told him about it and that you recommended him. Hopefully he'll say yes and it will cost a reasonable amount. I don't want anything fancy. Just a plain natural mahogany S body.

He is very reasonable, no worries there my man. You could also talk him into finishing it cheap as far as finish or paint goes if you want

• Members

He is very reasonable, no worries there my man. You could also talk him into finishing it cheap as far as finish or paint goes if you want

I'd just want a clear or satin finish over it. You know like the SOL finishes? I like natural looking guitars. But yeah, those new S's are $1300 retail, and I just bought this 7 string for $600... so, that leaves about $700 I wouldn't mind paying to get the body done and guitar put together.... plus, it wouldn't have the sustain problem, and it'd be a 7 string. I doubt it'll cost anywhere near $700 though, but I have no idea...

Oh, and I could probably put the original body for this back on ebay for $100 or so...

• Members

I'd just want a clear or satin finish over it. You know like the SOL finishes? I like natural looking guitars. But yeah, those new S's are $1300 retail, and I just bought this 7 string for $600... so, that leaves about $700 I wouldn't mind paying to get the body done and guitar put together.... plus, it wouldn't have the sustain problem, and it'd be a 7 string. I doubt it'll cost anywhere near $700 though, but I have no idea...

Oh, and I could probably put the original body for this back on ebay for $100 or so...

I am certain his price will be well under what you have to spend, lol When you decide to sell the body go to Sevenstring.org and try to sell it there.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived