new york guys: is this for real!?

kinggeoff

• Members

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2008/06/09/26_percent_of_NYC_has_genital_herpes/UPI-87721213042971/

summary

"Study: 26% of New Yorkers Have Genital Herpes

A study published in the journal Sexually Transmitted Diseases has revealed that 26 percent of people living in New York City have Herpes Simplex Virus-2, an incurable infection that causes genital herpes. The national rate is 19 percent.

The study found that the sexually transmitted infection is more prevalent in men who have male on male sex than those who don't (38% against 18%), women than men (36% against 19%), and blacks than whites (49% against 14%).

For most people the infection is largely asymptomatic but some sufferers will develop genital sores. Having Herpes Simplex Virus-2 doubles the risk of contracting HIV if exposed to it.

"

thats freaky man

• Members

You know what...people keep freaking out about New Yorkers and herpes...

so 1 in 4 people have it in NY...

guess what?

the male rate of herpes in the US is 1 in 5

the female rate of herpes in the US is 1 in 4

so what can we gather from this? 1 in 4 women in the whole country have herpes.

1 in 4 men in NYC have herpes, as compared to the national rate of 1 in 5

I gather that men in NYC are having more sex than the rest of the country

In conclusion,

move to New York

( one could also conclude that there are more gays in NYC, therefore, don't move to NYC :o)

but really...i dont plan on {censored}ing any men....so I dont see the big deal.

If you think the NYC rate of herpes is freaky, then be freaked out in your state too, because its pretty much the same :o noobz

• Members

You guys are misinformed if you think a condom is going to stop you from getting herpes. Herpes can be present anywhere in the lower abdominal/lower back area down to about the knees. If its present on the skin it can be anywhere there, and even in fluids such as saliva if the virus is reproducing. So you could get it as easily as touching thighs to each other before even getting the undies off.

That being said condoms are a must use every time, but herpes prevention it is not.

And the 1 in 4 statistic is more like 1 in 3 in the more populated areas (coast lines, larger cities ect). Its 1 in 4 for the country, but its much higher in denser more urban areas where more sex is going on.

• Members

You guys are misinformed if you think a condom is going to stop you from getting herpes. Herpes can be present anywhere in the lower abdominal/lower back area down to about the knees. If its present on the skin it can be anywhere there, and even in fluids such as saliva if the virus is reproducing. So you could get it as easily as touching thighs to each other before even getting the undies off.

That being said condoms are a must use every time, but herpes prevention it is not.

And the 1 in 4 statistic is more like 1 in 3 in the more populated areas (coast lines, larger cities ect). Its 1 in 4 for the country, but its much higher in denser more urban areas where more sex is going on.

NBC-suit.jpg

• Members

Hmmm...so if you've banged 5 chicks, chances are that you hit a herper? Rut ROE.
:eek:

I like playing the game when you are hanging with your buddies...

"One in 5 guys has herpes...lets figure out who it is!!!"

"not it!"

"not it!"

"not it!"

"not it!"

"{censored} i have herpes!!!:mad:"

Archived