I tried a new amp.......

caylor02

• Members

Ok, most people won't care about this.

but, it's worth a shot.

Has anybody here played a dr.z maz gt? It really sounds awesome. I tried it at a local mom and pop shop here recently, but holy crap. That amp is TOO LOUD for gigging. I suppose you attenuate it, but that affects the tone, negatively in my opinion.

Now-a-days you have to mic up everything and run with low stage volumes. Things are different from when I started :poke:

Anybody else play one?

• Members

but, it's worth a shot.

Has anybody here played a dr.z maz gt? It really sounds awesome. I tried it at a local mom and pop shop here recently, but holy crap. That amp is TOO LOUD for gigging. I suppose you attenuate it, but that affects the tone, negatively in my opinion.

Now-a-days you have to mic up everything and run with low stage volumes. Things are different from when I started :poke:

Anybody else play one?

You have good taste. :wave: A lot of people here don't share it. :o

Dr. Z makes bad ass amps and cabs. :thu:

I want a 65/45 one day, or a Rt 66 for that big fat KT66 tone. The 66 in particular is obnoxiously loud considering it's rating, but damn does it sound good through every last watt of it. :love:

• Members

but, it's worth a shot.

Anybody else play one?

Dr. Z makes killer amps. 95% of the brainstems here won't know anything about it, and will try to be witty by posting {censored} like the cumstain Totengott.

• Members

Dr. Z makes killer amps. 95% of the brainstems here won't know anything about it, and will try to be witty by posting {censored} like the cumstain Totengott.

:cop:

Well, I don't know about him LOL, but Dr. z does make awesome amps, I wish they would incorporate that preamp sound into there mini z amp. I think that would be awesome.

• Members

I have a friend who has got the Prescription ES amp. He also uses the Dr. Z Air Brake attenuator and they sounded awesome together. I suppose if the Maz GT is too loud for you you could try out the 18 watt version. I guess it doesn't have the same tone as the GT but it's probably a great amp as well.

• Members

Alchemist has a mini Z here that he really likes. I personally dug the cleans on the carmen ghia very much. If I wasn't such a metalhead, I would probably be looking at them a whole lot more.

They're also fairly sheap on the used market, which is a plus

• Members

Alchemist has a mini Z here that he really likes. I personally dug the cleans on the carmen ghia very much. If I wasn't such a metalhead, I would probably be looking at them a whole lot more.

They're also fairly cheap on the used market, which is a plus

+1

A good reason to pay the $12 for TGP classified.

• Members

The Dr. Z amps are killer. I've heard several in person and they are great for country and blues. The GT has a whole lot more gain than the Normal Mazarati.

TGP classifieds are only pay to post for sale, you can still buy off of there and post replies for free.

• Members

The Dr. Z amps are killer. I've heard several in person and they are great for country and blues. The GT has a whole lot more gain than the Normal Mazarati.

TGP classifieds are only pay to post for sale, you can still buy off of there and post replies for free.

Ok, that's what I thought, I'm going to need to figure out a way back in there, gas is hitting me fairly hard now :(

• Members

It takes money to keep scott petersons E-penis that large
:cop:

Ok, that's what I thought, I'm going to need to figure out a way back in there, gas is hitting me fairly hard now
:(

This is why you don't burn your bridges. Did you get an IP ban?

• Members

Fantastic amps!

I remember trying the Maz 38 (I believe?) and the stupid simple layout just couldn't be beat. No matter where the tone knob was, it just sounded great. Even at the extremes the tone was always usable.

yeah the Maz 38 with a loop would be the one I would most likely buy. A few more month, I'll be out of debt, so it will be easier to save up and buy gear. This is on the top of the list, I need an amp for my tele and strat.

Archived