The best tones you've ever heard standing in front of the amp.

TheGreatGreen

• Members

Best driven sound would be a blackface Deluxe Reverb with the reverb off and the volume at about 8 or so. The guitar had humbuckers and was set on the bridge position.

Best clean I ever heard was actually a Telecaster through a 100 watt Marshall Stack with the master volume cranked all the way up. I don't remember the exact model but it was 100 watts through a 4x10 cab and was relatively new.

• Members

bogner shiva el34 no reverb combo tied with XTC. i played them both back to back and if you had asked me which one i wanted it would have been like asking me which of my children i wanted you to kill. actually it would be harder than that, i doubt i'm gonna have TWO kids worth saving

Haha, that was the best analogy ever. Amps > People.

• Members

Probably a SN #93 Blackface Dual Rec into a really old Marshall cab with MIE Greenbacks boosted with an original TS 808. {censored}s all over my stuff that is meant to imitate that tone. I'll own that very amp soon though!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Dropthisd's Cameron modded Marshall. Sounded identical to Doug Aldrich's tone on the DIO DVD. Just had that over-the-top "I just shat myself" tone.

I got a '83 JCM 800 modded by Cameron and it nails that tone as well.

• Members

best rig I've ever played thru :
tom anderson strat-type (w/ HB at the bridge) & VHT Deliverance 60 head/VHT 4x12

best rig I've heard/seen : (tie)
a) Ian Moore mid-90s rig - Macthless Clubman 35 / Chandler pre-amp / home-made 4x10 cab
b) Ty Tabor "ear candy" tour - Zion Sig. guitar / Marshall 6100 w/ a home-made pre-amp rack consisting of the same circuit from his Fender Elite Strats feeding two Marshall cabs - orgasmic tone

• Members

Splawn modded Marshall Plexi, Fender Bassman W/Strat, Roland JC-77
clean tone, stereo chorus. My SLO with homebuilt 2x12 Cab.
Egnater TOL-100 running into my modified Mojotone 2x12 cab.

Archived