Looking for brutal death metal tone? Look no further

mparsons

• Members

228739.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-Backline-600-Bass-Head?sku=482534

I was just as skeptical as you.

It doesn't sound amazing, but it pulls off the super heavy, saturated, scooped/esque tone off VERY well. Since its a bass amp, it has a TON of bottom end, and its pretty tight as well. I've been jamming on it through a Behringer 410 and it actually sounds GOOD for brutal death metal. Reminds me a lot of the early 90's death metal sound.

I might have clips tomorrow, too.

• Members

Ok then, if you can please play some songs from Metallica's ...And Justice For All.

The early 90s brutal death metal tone is pretty much the evolution (and bastardisation) of the rhythm guitar tone from that very album.

• Members

I dig the tone on the clips. I'm goign to tell my dethmeddle buddies to buy one of these instead of the crappy crate amps they're using.

some old {censored}ty crates work pretty well for metal, the g130C XL in particular, also surprisingly the G600XL is a beast too

• Members

I dig the tone on the clips. I'm goign to tell my dethmeddle buddies to buy one of these instead of the crappy crate amps they're using.

This DOES death metal. My rack rig can get pretty brutal but it can't touch this. Then again I'm not really into the scooped mids super gainy {censored}.

Archived