5150 combo - the honeymoon is over

guitarbilly74

• Members

This amp sounds too stiff for my taste, I can't get a good fluis lead tone for it...

yeah I tried tubes speakers blah blah.. it's not a bad amp and it's great for metal and shred but that's not what I am doing...

it's going on sale as soon as I receive the footswitch that I bought on ebay 3 WEEKS AGO :mad: and have not received yet

anybody has anything they'd like to trade let me know..

• Members
This amp sounds too stiff for my taste, I can't get a good fluis lead tone for it...

yeah I tried tubes speakers blah blah.. it's not a bad amp and it's great for metal and shred but that's not what I am doing...

it's going on sale as soon as I received the footswitch that I bought on ebay
3 WEEKS AGO
:mad:
and have not received yet

anybody has anything they'd like to trade let me know..

MUCH better than the Framus Dragon though.

• Members

Honestly, I REALLY like the crunch channel. It's really the best tone on this amp and it sounds great, I could definitely use that but then I'd still need another amp for cleans and the whole idea of buying this amp was to downsize from my previous 2-amp set up.

• Members

Honestly, I REALLY like the crunch channel. It's really the best tone on this amp and it sounds great, I could definitely use that but then I'd still need another amp for cleans and the whole idea of buying this amp was to downsize from my previous 2-amp set up.

So do you just want 2 channels...no effects/loop?

I bet a H&K Duotone or Koch Twintone would suit you very well.

Don;t discount the DSL either.

• Members

Yeah the Stiletto is on my "must try" list. I also want to try the Carvin Legacy...

I think I will go to Hollywood this week, the Carvin and the Mesa stores are right next to each other
:cool:

The Stiletto does need to be sitting at a decent volume, just an FYI. Kinda fizzy below 2.

• Members

hmm I wonder if anybody I know has one I could try, it's hard to test stuff loud at the Mesa store because it's so small

yeah, that's tough. I thought it sounded like ass, til the owner of the mom/pop store I was testing it at came into the amp room and closed the glass door and said "put it on 4". Wow. Sounded awesome. Loud. As. {censored}.

• Members

I feel the same exact way about my 5150 Combo. I tried recording guitars for my bands EP this weekend, and couldn't get a decent tone out of it. Probably the speakers, as there was a nasty high pitched gain thing going on that I just could not get rid of.

In anycase, I've been trying to sell mine for like a month, with no takers...I guess I'm gonna get the shaft on re-sale on this thing.

Archived