0-60 in ...possibly never

Sandman31774

• Members

The whole deal with me is that if you're going to drive something that looks like a shoe that a giant with down syndrome would wear, then it should at LEAST get decent gas mileage.

The thing has absolutely no power, and still gets the same mileage as a Prius or a Fit.

What a {censored}ing joke.

DUMBCar indeed.

The mileage isn't even as good as the prius! It just sucks!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no idea about Smart's gas mileage or anything like that but the times I've drived them they've been quite fun. Very nice city car. Goes fast enough and easier to find a parking spot because they're so small. It's not meant for people who drive to work from the countryside or anything.

That said, I don't even own a car and hopefully won't until I have a wife and 3 kids or something. Public transportation works so well in the Helsinki area that there is no reason to use a car to get to work.

• Members

Mass has a lot to do with it. In the first crash in the first video, the Smart didn't even make it through the car's engine compartment. On the other hand the driver of the smart would have had his legs crushed at best. Run a 5,000 pound SUV into a 2,000 pound smart, the Smart is going to absorb a lot more of the energy. You just can't get around the physics of it.

SUVs are very dangerous, this is true. the thing with the smart is its' easy to park

• Members
Well I don't drive an SUV but I know the kind of car I drive can survive a 70 mph "nudge" on the highway with only exterior damage and that is a best-case common scenario the route I drive... so I'll stick with what I know works. Not a little pinball that will flip 3 times in the same situation.
:idk:

cars will have radar and move over

• Members

useless car in most of the United States. For what that car is, the mileage absolutely blows donkey cock. It is even more impractical than my 2 seater roadster, it's too {censored}ing small to do anything, and if you brake hard enough the car does an end over end somersault. It's nothing more than a novelty.

• Moderators
I woudnt't call 33/41 good mileage for something that small and impractical. If it got 50/60 then it would be on my radar screen.
:idk:

Plus, I could never drive one of those on the interstate everyday like I see some psychos doing.
:freak:

Meh... my Yaris gets 40 mpg and looks a l'il better. :)

• Members

it does seem like it would appeal to men who are in touch with their feminine side.

again, why? it's just a {censored}in car haha. it's a turbo diesel at that, and it's not a jetta. jetta=girl car. golf= modders car. i dont mod but i actually met a local group of golf enthusiasts and they were all guys with souped up golfs. i dont see why people see cars as status symbols or an extension of their masculinity. it's a well put together, fun to drive car. you can call me a fairy all you want, i'll keep on driving my sweet car

• Members

again, why? it's just a {censored}in car haha. it's a turbo diesel at that, and it's not a jetta. jetta=girl car. golf= modders car. i dont mod but i actually met a local group of golf enthusiasts and they were all guys with souped up golfs. i dont see why people see cars as status symbols or an extension of their masculinity. it's a well put together, fun to drive car. you can call me a fairy all you want, i'll keep on driving
my sweet car

Grandmas-Boy-fox05-1.jpg

sorry... I had to :lol::cop:

• Members

It's actually very comfy and spacious inside.

I was a smart hater, but them I climbed in a friend's smart car and I was shocked!

Then climb into a Mini Cooper and be amazed.

37 highway and 28 city, a hell of a lot more space than the "Stupid Car" and a ton of fun.

Archived