0-60 in ...possibly never

Sandman31774

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I woudnt't call 33/41 good mileage for something that small and impractical. If it got 50/60 then it would be on my radar screen. :idk:

Plus, I could never drive one of those on the interstate everyday like I see some psychos doing. :freak:

• Members
I woudnt't call 33/41 good mileage for something that small and impractical. If it got 50/60 then it would be on my radar screen.
:idk:

Plus, I could never drive one of those on the interstate everyday like I see some psychos doing.
:freak:

yup. that speck should get at least 89/102

• Members

It's actually very comfy and spacious inside.

I was a smart hater, but them I climbed in a friend's smart car and I was shocked!

that may be, but they are useless unless you never leave town, in my not so humble opinion.

i would hate to have to try and overtake another vehicle/change lanes on the highway in one of those things unless the road was empty :freak:

that, and the prospect of getting bumped by anyone and turning into a ping pong ball in 4 lanes of high congestion traffic :freak::cry:

• Members
I woudnt't call 33/41 good mileage for something that small and impractical. If it got 50/60 then it would be on my radar screen.

Plus, I could never drive one of those on the interstate everyday like I see some psychos doing.
:freak:

+1

A guy brought one of those to my work...said it only got 40mpg. For something that looks that ugly, I want 60+.

• Members

theyre remarkably safe for such a tiny car, infact a lot of the bigger SUV arent as safe as you might think

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Its whats under the skin that makes a car safe, its not easy with modern cars to judge crash safety with the naked eye. Size has nothing to do with it.

James

• Members

Its whats under the skin that makes a car safe, its not easy with modern cars to judge crash safety with the naked eye. Size has nothing to do with it.

James

Mass has a lot to do with it. In the first crash in the first video, the Smart didn't even make it through the car's engine compartment. On the other hand the driver of the smart would have had his legs crushed at best. Run a 5,000 pound SUV into a 2,000 pound smart, the Smart is going to absorb a lot more of the energy. You just can't get around the physics of it.

• Members
theyre remarkably safe for such a tiny car, infact a lot of the bigger SUV arent as safe as you might think

James

Well I don't drive an SUV but I know the kind of car I drive can survive a 70 mph "nudge" on the highway with only exterior damage and that is a best-case common scenario the route I drive... so I'll stick with what I know works. Not a little pinball that will flip 3 times in the same situation. :idk:

• Members
Well I don't drive an SUV but I know the kind of car I drive can survive a 70 mph "nudge" on the highway with only exterior damage and that is a best-case common scenario the route I drive... so I'll stick with what I know works. Not a little pinball that will flip 3 times in the same situation.

The second video i posted missed the end of the clip off where they showed the Land Rover coming off worse than the Ford Fiesta.

• Members

The whole deal with me is that if you're going to drive something that looks like a shoe that a giant with down syndrome would wear, then it should at LEAST get decent gas mileage.

The thing has absolutely no power, and still gets the same mileage as a Prius or a Fit.

What a {censored}ing joke.

DUMBCar indeed.

• Members

The second video i posted missed the end of the clip off where they showed the Land Rover coming off worse than the Ford Fiesta.

And in the first video it came of worse than the other little thing they crashed. In both crashes there was serious intrusion into the passenger compartment. When you've only got a foot or so between your body and the front of the car, there isn't much they can do to protect you.

The point they made was it's the sudden decelleration that can kill you. If you only have a one foot crumple zone in the smart vs 5 feet or so in an SUV, the smart has to stop you a lot quicker to protect you. And according to your videos, that will kill you.

Archived