VHT Pitbull UL worth it?

fistertain

• Members

ive only played the one with the EQ and it mega-fat..hands down the
best stuff ive ever heard for chords..for single note stuff..it was stiff.
i only played the amp dry and had it up on one of there cabs..
and i was using a PRS Santana..( $5K) axe...big balls on those..

• Members

eek, no footswitch. Oh and when I said that I was not too keen on the features, I meant I didn't know too much about it, not that I wasn't sure if they were good.

REALLY love the tone, it's really woody. Tight as hell, but it still has that snarl ... pretty hard to describe and very unique. I was playing through a fat-bottom cab and I heard their cabs are a big part of their tone. Do you really NEED the cab to go with it? I always loved my G-Flex cab and didn't wanna part ways with it just yet. Anyone know how they mix with VHTs?

In that case, the UL has some great features alot of which are remotely switchable...and you can assign certain things to each channel. So if it doesn't have the footswitch, you'd really need to get one to use everything.

I use my UL with either V30s (Mesa 4x12 or 2x12) or a Marshall with 2 V30s and 2 GT12-75s. IMO, it sounds great, but I can't say anything about the G-Flex.

In any event, the ULs will always be sought-after, so you'd probably recoup most in not all+ of what you put into it...the only bummer is that it doesn't have the footswitch.

• Members

Update: So I went to the guitar center today and put a deposit on it, I was so glad it was still there. I started talking to the sales guy and told him that it was a total bummer it didn't have the footswitch and he goes "well it came with the footswitch, it should be around here somewhere" so he started looking around and he found it under the cabinet!!! So it's been recently retubed, biased, has the EQ AND the footswitch. I pretty much had no chouce but to buy it.

• Members

i prefer the CL to the UL by quite a wide margin. i have no need of three channels, and i got a good enough clean from my CL that the "but the UL has a DEDICATED clean channel" just didn't cut it for me. plus the CL is less expensive.

also, i think the CL sounds better.

• Members
Congrats, now tell them to take it OFF the floor, before some noob {censored}s with it
:lol:

Wish I was getting one, but I'm cool with my Sig:X
:thu:

WAY ahead of you, I told them strait away.

anyone try a VHT with a Genz-Benz G-Flex?

• Members
UL love fest goin on in here haha

i like it
:love:

it's so strange, I mainly lurk these forums and I always see a fair chunk of posters with negative views of whatever piece of gear it might be ... but it seems like there is just amazing amount of praise for VHT products in general around here ... I guess that says a lot coming from the brutally harsh HCAF!

• Members

it's so strange, I mainly lurk these forums and I always see a fair chunk of posters with negative views of whatever piece of gear it might be ... but it seems like there is just amazing amount of praise for VHT products in general around here ... I guess that says a lot coming from the brutally harsh HCAF!

there are a good number of VHT nay sayers around here :(

but they mostly keep to the shadows

you dont mess with teh squad :evil:

• Members

I do feel really lucky. As weird as it sounds, I do feel bad for selling my Krank Rev 1. I know they get raped on this board ... but if it was anything it was tight, and QUIET. I hated the lead tone, it was stiff and cold, but I really did like that amp ... then again before that all I had was an Randall rg100es (the backup I'm using currently) and a Peavey XXX, so it was a step up. I'm guessing after I fiddle with the UL everything else will just be {censored}e.

• Members

pretty much.....

I've had Randall (tube and SS), Mesa, Marshall, Lee Jackson, Peavey, etc...etc...

The VHT is it for me, took it to a friend who's running a {censored}load of different set-ups, and NONE of them came close to the VHT.

Enjoy it, you'll love it!

• Members

paid 2300 for mine with voodoo deluxe mods done.

i've been gasless since.
it loves JBs and pups of the like
haven't played it through a cab that it didn't sound amazing through.
if you can get one for that price, you could easily flip it for a small profit if you didn't like it.

just remember that it will amplify your flaws in playing, but in the same right will make you a better guitarist

• Members
Hell I figured Megamark was nice enough to let try out two different Cameron Marshalls, teebes might be up for letting a fellow VHT fan try out the badboy UL!

:D

Well, I'm back down to 5 VHTs - 2x SIG X, a UL, a Super 30 and the mighty Deliverance 120. I'm now on the hunt for a GP3 to gain mod and mate to a 2:90:2. Then I can send my UL to Trace. Then I'll get another UL to keep stock.

But I also just bought the KT88 loaded Nitro that was for sale. SO I may have to wait. But anytime you wanna come to Seachickenland, feel free to come try out some maps.

I love teh mapz :love:

• Members

I love my UL. Been using it with a Petrucci with the Air Norton and Steve's special in the bridge lately(instead of RGs with EMGs). I've been an EMG user since 91 or so but this thing sounds unreal with the passives. Really digging the passives. I haven't had amp GAS since I bought this head 6 years ago. If you like a quick/tight attack, this is your amp.

I'm using it with a 1960 cab which I'd like to upgrade but last sunday I was jamming with a friend of mine on drums and it sounded amazing.

• Members
I love my UL. Been using it with a Petrucci with the Air Norton and Steve's special in the bridge lately(instead of RGs with EMGs). I've been an EMG user since 91 or so but this thing sounds unreal with the passives. Really digging the passives. I haven't had amp GAS since I bought this head 6 years ago. If you like a quick/tight attack, this is your amp.

I'm using it with a 1960 cab which I'd like to upgrade but last sunday I was jamming with a friend of mine on drums and it sounded amazing.

you owe it to your ears to try a FB412 :love: trussst

Archived