Dann Huff's 1991 rig

petejt

• Members

Hi Guys,

Thanks to Dave L for the namecheck. I'm a huge fan of Dann, and his approach to guitar playing has influenced me a great deal - especially his studio work. I haven't researched his gear to the nth degree, but I have picked up tidbits of info here and there over the years. Check out this page for a start:
http://members.aol.com/guitarron/dannhuff/dannhuff.htm

This is the equipment list that he used in an instructional video in the early 90s, and was typical of the stuff he used as a AAA list LA session:

(2) Tyler Strats

(1) Gibson Les Paul

(1) Schecter Tele

(1) Vintage Fender Strat (looks reworked by Tyler?)

(2) Peavey 5150 heads

(2) Vintage Marshall heads

(2) Fender heads

(1) Bradshaw Switching System

The rack in the huff video is

Furman

Eventide

Spx 900

TC 1210

Tc EQ

Korg tuner

DBX compressor

Bradshaw switching RSB 18

Rane mixer

Juice Goose

Juice Extractor

Kasha Rockmod 1 preamp

Boogie studio preamp

Boogie power amp

VHT power amp

In the mid-nineties, Dann moved to Nashville, and quickly became a AAA list Nashville session. His gear evolved too, and a Matchless became a studio staple, alongside Peavy 5150s and Classic 50s. More lately he's been seen in the company of Two Rocks, H&K Triamps etc.

The only constant, if anything, in Dann's rigs has been an old Dynacomp and perhaps an old Tubescreamer.

But as Dann himself highlights, "Don't get to attached to your equipment. That's not what it's about. Personal style is more important. Equipment is great, but it's only good if it augments who you are, as opposed to controls who you are." As my username testifies, Dann Huff IS The Man!
:cool:

Big smiles,

Andy.

wow, THANKS! :thu:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived