NAD! Twister Amplifiers content w/pics

Norton666

• Members

What model did you get?

What does it actually sound like? Modded Marshall? Soldano? Mesa?

They seem interesting. I love a company that puts alot of personal care into their amplifiers and these guys seem like they do care.

• Members

A couple of months ago, I went with Jade to the Nashville guitar show aand demo'ed the Twisters at the show. According to Jade the F3 is ajcm800/Trainwreck hybrid. I have an F3 on order in black paisley/gold trim. I will post pics when received!

• Members

What model did you get?

What does it actually sound like? Modded Marshall? Soldano? Mesa?

They seem interesting. I love a company that puts alot of personal care into their amplifiers and these guys seem like they do care.

Definately Marshall-esque. There aint a lick of Mesa in these amps. To my ears, it reminds me of a really wound up EL-84 Marshall. Very good sounding amplifier. I wish I could say it has replaced the old Marshalls and became my new live amp, but that would be a lie. I have used it 3 or 4 times live and it sounds really good, but compared to my Marshalls, it lacks that massive girth that only an old Marshall can produce. I think I would use the amp a lot more if it were 100 watts. I literally run it wide open when I use it live.

• Members

Has anybody compared the F3 to the F4? I just got off the phone with Jade and he said the F4 is a more scooped modern sound. He also said while the F3 doesn't get that scooped sound, it can still get a mean tone for modern hard rock and metal. Is this your experience as well with the F3?

• Members

Has anybody compared the F3 to the F4? I just got off the phone with Jade and he said the F4 is a more scooped modern sound. He also said while the F3 doesn't get that scooped sound, it can still get a mean tone for modern hard rock and metal. Is this your experience as well with the F3?

I can do metal with the F3, but if youre looking for Peavey amounts of gain, they dont have it. Its a very clean, tight , focused gain. They sound like a mean old Marshall. You could get anywhere with a boost though. BTW, one thing that surprised me when I got the amp is that they are in small headshells. Think JTM45 head-size. Not a bad thing by any means, I just wasnt expecting it.

• Members

I can do metal with the F3, but if youre looking for Peavey amounts of gain, they dont have it. Its a very clean, tight , focused gain. They sound like a mean old Marshall. You could get anywhere with a boost though. BTW, one thing that surprised me when I got the amp is that they are in small headshells. Think JTM45 head-size. Not a bad thing by any means, I just wasnt expecting it.

I'm trying to get as far away from the Peavey sound I had been playing as I can. Clean and focused is good. I want something like a mean old Marshall and you said thats pretty much what it is, so it should work out pretty good for me. On the site they looked like they are in the standard headshell box, but I guess not. What kind of speakers are you running with it?

• Members

I'm trying to get as far away from the Peavey sound I had been playing as I can. Clean and focused is good. I want something like a mean old Marshall and you said thats pretty much what it is, so it should work out pretty good for me. On the site they looked like they are in the standard headshell box, but I guess not. What kind of speakers are you running with it?

Only and always Greenbacks. Theyre the only speaker for me.

• 11 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived