Honestly, this is some fucking amazing tone :love:

Brick

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, if he has the TC electronic and the Lonestar, what the {censored} is the POD rackmount for?

if i was a betting man i would say a backup that is programmed to just be on if the entire boogie rig goes down or if say the tc went down. easy 1 button solution to limp through the rest of the gig ya know?

peace

A Wood

• Members

Wow. His clean tone with the BB engaged, for the dirt he wanted, was {censored}ing perfect. That's the tone that's been in my head for over a year that I need for my band. If I can get that tone then that's the only tone I need for what I'm doing.

Get yourself a BB Plus... it'll help get you in that tonal ballpark. I run a Strat through one and it's a sweet as it gets...

• Members

It was close. Not perfect. A little flat sounding but almost perfect. There is not enough sparkle on top. Its still great sounding though. But its Andy {censored}ing Timmons. He's incredible.

Had he used a Fender of some sort it would have sounded even better. Like the clips of the guy that Snax Panther posted.

• Members

It was close. Not perfect. A little flat sounding but almost perfect. There is not enough sparkle on top. Its still great sounding though. But its Andy {censored}ing Timmons. He's incredible.

Had he used a Fender of some sort it would have sounded even better. Like the clips of the guy that Snax Panther posted.

He went for that type of tone on purpose. In other clips and interviews, he talks about going for a denser, darker, less chime-y sound.

On Revolutions, there is only 1 guitar track, the bass, and drums on every song.

He doesn't need a lot of sheen to cut through that mix. Without a rhythm guitar track to bridge the frequency gaps, the treble-y stuff might really stand out. I think that was the theory.

It's a cool idea.

Archived