Improve Your Lyric Writing

moxey

• Members

Hi

I recently wrote an article about writing lyrics:

If you have any comments or feedback I'd love to hear them. I'm writing a series of articles about lyrics, songwriting and arrangement so all comments are definately appreciated on this, the first in the series.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and I hope you find it of use.

Cheers

John

• Members

Hi

I recently wrote an article about writing lyrics:

If you have any comments or feedback I'd love to hear them. I'm writing a series of articles about lyrics, songwriting and arrangement so all comments are definately appreciated on this, the first in the series.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and I hope you find it of use.

Cheers

John

Great article moxey - I'll watch for more... :thu:

• Members

Hey guys

Thanks for checking it out and posting back! Your comments are very much appreciated!

It's good to hear both good and bad, even if it's something someone else has already said. It gives me an idea of how useful it is, or if I've pitched it at the right level or not.

Thanks again. :)

Cheers

John

• Members

Hey songsforbears

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad it was of use. :) I'm writing a series of these articles. In fact I've already written and published a follow on but I didn't want to flood the board with links.

As ever, if anyone else has time, feel free to check the article out and post back if you can.

Cheers

John

• Moderators

I liked your Lyrics - Function and Form a lot. The concept of focusing first on a "lyrical hook" as you put it, is a great idea. It's something I tend to do anyway but never thought about. Seeing it in black and white on your site bings it home for me. Thanks for reminding me...

• Members

Hey Lee

I'm glad you found it useful! i didn't even think about posting that here as I wrote it a while ago. Again, I didn't want to flood these boards with links to my articles.

I'm also glad you took the time not only to read the posted article, but also one of the other articles. :)

Cheers

John

Archived