Anyone compared the Emperor 6x12 cabs to Bogner/Mesa/Orange/VHT/etc.???

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I'm really curious about the Emperor cabs... specifically the 6x12. But I'm not sure how they compare to the typical high end V30 cabs, and curious how the extra internal volume of the 6x12 would affect the sound. Are they really bassy cabs? Tight or loose? Dark or bright?

Just wondering if any of you guys that have tried them out have compared them to Bogner/Mesa/Orange/VHT/etc.???

Really interested in the 6x12 but it would be a pain in the ass to sell my Bogner 4x12 and then order the Emperor..... plus, for all I know it might not sound as good as the Bogner cab, so I don't know...

I'd get either all V30's or V30's and T75's in criss cross pattern uberschall style (but in a 6x12)...

Anyone have any thoughts?

• Members

Both Emperor and Electric 6x12 cabs sound amazing!! as well as 4x12's. To me they are darker sounding, yet very clear and articulate. We have played with a few bands who had the 2x12 and 4x12 Emperors ie...Russian Circles,minsk,planes mistaken for stars.. Any way I would not hesitate, they only downside is the wait and loading those bastards up. The 6x12 are like an svt 8x10, but without wheels or a metal handle to pull the bastard.

• Members

Both Emperor and Electric 6x12 cabs sound amazing!! as well as 4x12's. To me they are darker sounding, yet very clear and articulate. We have played with a few bands who had the 2x12 and 4x12 Emperors ie...Russian Circles,minsk,planes mistaken for stars.. Any way I would not hesitate, they only downside is the wait and loading those bastards up. The 6x12 are like an svt 8x10, but without wheels or a metal handle to pull the bastard.

Have you tried the 6x12 out? You and I have the same exact Bogner cab, so I'm curious how you think they compare

• Members

Have you tried the 6x12 out? You and I have the same exact Bogner cab, so I'm curious how you think they compare

I have not personally yet, but I have stood next to one on stage (ETID) and it sounded monsterous! Very clear and punchy. With a modded Marshall it literally sounded like GOds thunder! The 4x12's I have and they killer as well. They look small, but sound huge. I was in the same boat as you, but the bogner cab was my first love cab wise so I better hold on to her.

• Members

I have not personally yet, but I have stood next to one on stage (ETID) and it sounded monsterous! Very clear and punchy. With a modded Marshall it literally sounded like GOds thunder! The 4x12's I have and they killer as well. They look small, but sound huge. I was in the same boat as you, but the bogner cab was my first love cab wise so I better hold on to her.

Hrrmmm. I wants... :o

• Members

I guess I won't bother with it. For the price, I could just get a used Bogner 2x12 to throw on top of my 4x12... or a used Mesa or VHT 4x12
:o

I'd love to try one out sometime though.... see if they sound as good as they look...
:love:

They sound fucking great! Go for it...you only live once. Here is a pic of Torches Emperor cabs I took.

I did rock my Bogner 4x12 and 2x12 with my shiva and Stiletto Trident for a while...Holy fuck was that massive, but a pain gigging with...

Torchstacks.jpg

• Members

They sound fucking great! Go for it...you only live once. Here is a pic of Torches Emperor cabs I took.

I did rock my Bogner 4x12 and 2x12 with my shiva and Stiletto Trident for a while...Holy fuck was that massive, but a pain gigging with...

Torchstacks.jpg

Are those two 2x12's? They look fucking big for 2x12's. Or just 4x12's with weird dimensions?

Yeah I doubt I'll get a second cab soon. I was just convincing myself it's not worth it to sell my cab and get the emperor 6x12... because I got my cab for $700... and for $500 more I could add a bogner 2x12 or used vht fatbottom or mesa standard... instead of just $1200 for the emperor 6x12. They do seem awesome though.

• Members

Are those two 2x12's? They look fucking big for 2x12's. Or just 4x12's with weird dimensions?

Yeah I doubt I'll get a second cab soon. I was just convincing myself it's not worth it to sell my cab and get the emperor 6x12... because I got my cab for $700... and for $500 more I could add a bogner 2x12 or used vht fatbottom or mesa standard... instead of just $1200 for the emperor 6x12. They do seem awesome though.

Man that looks immense. If they played Grenades I would just probably ejaculate in my undergarments. Low notes give me wood.

I am really thinking about moving to another city for the concerts...:facepalm:

• Members

Fuck what I would give to see these bands live.

I want to order a Emperor 4x12, but they don't ship to Canada.

Anyone have a used black/wheat Orange 4x12 for sale? :poke:

I don't have a used Orange for sale but that's what the other guitarist from Mouth of the Architect was using :p Massive doesn't begin to describe.

Archived