METALLICA played a new song @ Ozzfest!!!

ZachMetal

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cliff Burton was already dead by the time Testament released their first album and I've always considered them to be part of the second wave of thrash metal. But I get your point. In every way the Testament album is better than anything Metallica has put out since AJFA.

[YOUTUBE]pK10YWuzwL8[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I'm making a list of all of you who say that sounded good/great/decent. When you guys are selling something in the spam thread and advertise it saying, "this sounds awesome!", I'll know to pass it by because you have {censored} for ears.

Metallica is DONE.

• Members

I'm making a list of all of you who say that sounded good/great/decent. When you guys are selling something in the spam thread and advertise it saying, "this sounds awesome!", I'll know to pass it by because you have {censored} for ears.

Metallica is DONE.

Lol.

Keep in mind that all the reviews that the newspapers had for the first few tracks of this album said this was the worst of them.

So for all those that liked this song, be prepared for even better tracks. But inevitably, this album is going to have some {censored} tracks, along with some pretty cool tracks. I'm expecting this album to be like a 7-8.5/10.

• Members

It does sound like a mix between Load (verse singing) and older music (stop start stuff, more riffing). I love both styles from Metallica but in a weird way I want it to be one or the other. Not sure how the album will feel or flow with the mixture of styles. Who knows though, the singing on Death Magnetic may have an aggressive delivery which would change my opinion on the singing (obviously). I give it a 7 or 8 as is, but if Hetfield pulls off some badass vocal performances on the album it could go to 8.5-9.5. We shall see....

• Members

It
does
sound like a mix between Load (verse singing) and older music (stop start stuff, more riffing). I love both styles from Metallica but in a weird way I want it to be one or the other. Not sure how the album will feel or flow with the mixture of styles. Who knows though, the singing on Death Magnetic may have an aggressive delivery which would change my opinion on the singing (obviously). I give it a 7 or 8 as is, but if Hetfield pulls off some badass vocal performances on the album it could go to 8.5-9.5. We shall see....

Well, you know that his studio/album voice is going to be way more aggressive.

• Members

ok, Testament > Metallica as of recent, I bought Formation of Damnation and just went DAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! This is goos {censored}, so even if the new metallica sucks, I'm seeing Testament on the 26th, so I'm happy!

On the new song. Well. I agree with most here. The guitar riffs and so on are pretty good, but his voice, his godamn voice! I miss AJFA, MOP James. His voice doesnt have THAT feel anymore, it doesn't draw me into the music like it used to :( Now it's just a heavier version of a country singer!

WHY JAMES WHY! What happened to the trucker moustache and your long hair?

• Members
ok, Testament > Metallica as of recent, I bought Formation of Damnation and just went DAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! This is goos {censored}, so even if the new metallica sucks, I'm seeing Testament on the 26th, so I'm happy!

On the new song. Well. I agree with most here. The guitar riffs and so on are pretty good, but his voice, his godamn voice! I miss AJFA, MOP James. His voice doesnt have THAT feel anymore, it doesn't draw me into the music like it used to
:(
Now it's just a heavier version of a country singer!

WHY JAMES WHY! What happened to the trucker moustache and your long hair?

uhh...its not 1987 anymore? :poke: :p

• Members

Well, it's definitely the best stuff they've come up with in the last decade and change. Certainly not getting me all gunned up though. It's aggressive, and in a way that doesn't sound all forced like St. Anger. It has some cool non-standard parts to it. But it doesn't have the flow and natural headbangy-ness to the old good stuff. Overall though it's certainly hard to make a judgment from something like that.

Archived