METALLICA - DEATH MAGNETIC

Jopop

• Members
I have under totally bizzare circumstances heard the entire cd. It is as good as anything they've done before St. Anger. The songs are all long and full of time changes and killer riffage. Kirk has laid down some pretty wicked solo's this time too. I can hear a lot of Krank (Rev) and Deizel (VH4?) amps in there, and of course the Mesa tone too. I can't really say too much other than it IS a good cd, I would give it a solid 8.5 out of 10. My only disappoinment was, I think James' voice is getting a little worn after all these years. It doesn't record so well anymore. You'll see what I mean when you get it. Oh, and the BASS is unbelievable. They let Rob loose. The cd has more Rob vibe/influence than you would think. Sorry I can't say more...

If this is true, that's pretty cool. I'm not expecting a fantastic album song-wise from these guys; I'm more interested in it from a production standpoint. (Load and Reload are fantastic sounding) Solid riffing and quality bass work pretty much guarantees I'll give it a listen. :thu:

• Members

I have under totally bizzare circumstances heard the entire cd. It is as good as anything they've done before St. Anger. The songs are all long and full of time changes and killer riffage. Kirk has laid down some pretty wicked solo's this time too. I can hear a lot of Krank (Rev) and Deizel (VH4?) amps in there, and of course the Mesa tone too. I can't really say too much other than it IS a good cd, I would give it a solid 8.5 out of 10. My only disappoinment was, I think James' voice is getting a little worn after all these years. It doesn't record so well anymore. You'll see what I mean when you get it. Oh, and the BASS is unbelievable. They let Rob loose. The cd has more Rob vibe/influence than you would think. Sorry I can't say more...

Its as good as anything before St. Anger ? Thats still a pretty big gap between classic and crap.

• Members

It does sound like they ended up using the Krank a bunch...sharp and bright, but a touch thin. I like the way the Diezel VH4 sits with the Mesa stuff for additional body much more. Just my opinion.

• Members

The more bits and pieces I hear, the more hopeful I get. When I heard bits and pieces of St. Anger, I thought, "Oh God." So that's a good sign.

I never even knew St Anger was coming out .. in fact it might've been a week after release I bought it.....in a 'completely different than anything we've ever done before and with a {censored}ty production' sense..I still enjoy it.

Death Vagina has me thinking I might even queue up on day (night?) of release for it...although that Cyanide track sound unfinished/a bit raw when they performed it live....it still sounded interesting to me.

• Members
That good eh..so somewhere on par with AJFA or MOP?
;)

theres jsutice riffing in it, right before the harmonized leads. lots of old school style {censored} going on in the bridge. its like justice, garage days, black and load aspects all sprinkled around fade to black.

• Members

What are your overall expectations for this album? I have already bet $10 that it will suck horribly, and that most people won't be able to listen to it from beginning to the end without gouging their ears out.

Your thoughts?

I'll wait untill it hits the shelves of the used CD store and not buy then either.

Archived