I need advice (band content) I AM SRS :(

nitrous2400

• Members

So yeah I havent been in a band for a few months now. The last band i was in was really fun. I really enjoyed it just fun heavy deathcore stuff, that i wouldnt just play but id listen to regardless if i was in the band or not.

Anyway the reason i got into the band was the singer was dating one of my best friends. The band dissolved sumwat because the 1st guitarist and drummer moved away and the bassist was strained between abuncha bands so he wasnt reliable. So my friend (the singers g/f) told her bf that i played guitar and we started talkin. next thing u know we line up a date to all hang out and tlak it over, then maek a date to rent a room to see how everyone sounds. We all got along great and everyone got the hang of stuff pretty quick.

so after that i dont know what happened but the singer and guitarist pretty much fell off the face of the earth and didnt get back to me the new drummer or new bassist. so after a few weeks of no word they asked "did i still play wanna play?" i sed of c:love:urse" we rented a room and started playin on our own. Had prob 30-40 practices writing songs and interviewing for a another guitarist until we found one that worked. everything seemed awesome and everyone was happy. till one day i call up the drummer and bassist to hang out and they wouldnt answer. never mentioned anything prior just never answered for a good week.

turns out they went back to the original band without me.:cry: So i was pretty upset, that not only did the first band not work out but neither did the second. so i dunno, pretty much i gave up on it, stayed cool with the guitarist from the original band and well figd nothing of anything. They got a different kid to fill in the spot i was originally meant to be in, and started playing shows.

so why the {censored} did i type all this out you ask?:lol: well yesterday the guitarist from the original band im'd me tellin me i was gonna laugh...so i figd wtf random youtube vid? nope he asked if i wanted to "try out" for the :facepalm:riginal band :freak: The guitarist they got was temporary and has things to do now:freak:.

i really dunno what to do. As much as i wanna be in a band, i really dont feel like gettin dicked around ya know? i just fig maybe i can get sum advice from y'all:idk: i told him i really wasnt sure tbh and that i wanna think it over, so he sed okay.

idk any advice?:idea:

kthxbai :wave:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't talk to those dudes again, unless in just casual conversation.

I hate being a "backup choice" for anybody, and I would be offended if they had asked me to try out again. Just my 2 cents.

EXACTLY ... i just dont know wat to do. the bassist and drummer {censored}ed me and left me fer dead. and the singer and guitarist just never cared i guess :idk:

its like yes i wanna be in a band but i dont wanna have my feelings and my love of this hobby to be toyed around with :cry: its like yeah not only am i plan B but i also have to deal with the fact that everyone screwed me some way or another:facepalm:

• Members

EXACTLY ... i just dont know wat to do. the bassist and drummer {censored}ed me and left me fer dead. and the singer and guitarist just never cared i guess
:idk:

its like yes i wanna be in a band but i dont wanna have my feelings and my love of this hobby to be toyed around with
:cry:
its like yeah not only am i plan B but i also have to deal with the fact that everyone screwed me some way or another:facepalm:

Well I mean put it THAT way, it seems bad. I don't know what I'd do in this situation. Its NYC man, I'm sure there'll be other opportunities to start teh deathcoar badn.

• Members

You need to start working out so the next time you meet Paul Reed Smith, you can give him a firm, "manly" handshake.

pfft i did, and I d:o werk :owt fatfat:cop:

maybe u haz phirm hand shaek frum giving :freak:thur men handj:facepalm:bz :idea:

:poke:back to teh subjetc @ hadn

• Members

I would say no. That way, if/when this version breaks up, you could get in on the next one from the start. But I wouldn't join something they had started behind your back. (probably doesnt make sense haha)

• Members

dude thats what everyone says i cant find anyone SRS to join bnad. maybe in mass where every1 knows BYD, KSE, ATR and teh acacia strain but here its like everyone that is into heavy {censored} haz a band already or they suck horribly...ive been there no joke:cry: this was really the most organized badn ive been in
:(

It's not easy to find a good band, anywhere. The band I'm with now is basically a drummer I've been friends with forever and another guy who drifts in and out. There's a ton of death metal bands in MA for sure, but it also helps that our scene has our own website/forum (rttp). I'd suggest to keep looking. I think you're trying to justify joining a bunch of dickheads, much like a battered woman justifies staying with a man who beats her.

• Members

So yeah I havent been in a band for a few months ...

... bla bla they {censored}ed me bla bla they {censored}ed me bla bla they {censored}ed again ...

i really dunno what to do.

Srsly? You don't what to do? Don't mean to be an asshole but grow a set, the rest will follow.

• Members

It's not easy to find a good band, anywhere. The band I'm with now is basically a drummer I've been friends with forever and another guy who drifts in and out. There's a ton of death metal bands in MA for sure, but it also helps that our scene has our own website/forum (rttp). I'd suggest to keep looking. I think you're trying to justify joining a bunch of dickheads, much like a battered woman justifies staying with a man who beats her.

i know what ur saying, im just sayin that the scene is {censored}in huge by u that was all:lol: i dont want to join a buncha dickheads, i just wanna be in a good band that haz their {censored} together :idk: its been beyond elusive fer me:cry: and in my 10 yrs ive never been able to get a position in really any band where the other guitarist knew his scales as good as me, and had sum gear while still actually carin for the band. :idk:

i really dont know what i wanna do tbh. I wanna be in a band cuz i wanna have fun and i have so much time and effort invested in gear. but in the past 9months that ive been disassociated with this band. I went rouge lookin for a new gig and ive come up empty handed aside from newbs that have combos and {censored}:cry: No one honestly plays the {censored} im into round here im being honest:facepalm:

• Members

i know what ur saying, im just sayin that the scene is {censored}in huge by u that was all:lol: i dont want to join a buncha dickheads, i just wanna be in a good band that haz their {censored} together
its been beyond elusive fer me:cry: and in my 10 yrs ive never been able to get a position in really any band where the other guitarist knew his scales as good as me, and had sum gear while still actually carin for the band.

i really dont know what i wanna do tbh. I wanna be in a band cuz i wanna have fun and i have so much time and effort invested in gear. but in the past 9months that ive been disassociated with this band. I went rouge lookin for a new gig and ive come up empty handed aside from newbs that have combos and {censored}:cry: No one honestly plays the {censored} im into round here im being honest:facepalm:

Maybe it's not them, but you? After all, you're the one who types like a moron.

Archived