NEW SONGGG!@! DROP TUNED BROOTULZ INSIDE@!@

nitrous2400

• Members

Ive got a 1960B cab, had both A & B years ago too but it just seemed like the lower I tried to go, the more gain it soaked up and felt insanely slow, tunning to E felt like I was playing with the chipmunks though and felt C was where I could go with my set up. Low enough to fake most b and a tuned stuff

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm too bashful : (

and I can see what you mean, that at first it'd be awkward, I remember when I first went to C I was like, "TEH {censored} FLOPPY SPAGHETTIOS" but it just made me more accurate in playing so that I wouldn't get the flopppy effect as much : )

nonsense ...we're nothing special, we all enjoy the same stuff no need to be :o ...

and yeah it all depends on the scale length, im runnin 24.75"s on my 3 main guitars so standard is 10-46 drop c is 11-60 and drop g is 14-70 :thu: and tbh i have the harder time playin in 10-46 compared to 14-70s :lol:

• Members

Ive got a 1960B cab, had both A & B years ago too but it just seemed like the lower I tried to go, the more gain it soaked up and felt insanely slow, tunning to E felt like I was playing with the chipmunks though and felt C was where I could go with my set up. Low enough to fake most b and a tuned stuff

to be brutally honest it depends alot on the head, cab and speakers. obviously a 1960 b cab is the bassier of the two but beyond that your running a celestian speaker. its not the best speaker for playin more aggressive music. but cabs like vht and bassons that are loaded with eminence speakers and are silicone sealed to be airtight, are far better suited for the stuff i play. The bassons are loaded with legends which are a bit bright which when mixed with a emg81 (also bright) and drop a or drop g tuning creates a very nice mix and helps to add punch to the sound. theres alot that goes into the rig but thats the basics. try a different cab or different amp with kt88s or 6l6s that will also help :thu:

• Members

nonsense ...we're nothing special, we all enjoy the same stuff no need to be
:o

and yeah it all depends on the scale length, im runnin 24.75"s on my 3 main guitars so standard is 10-46 drop c is 11-60 and drop g is 14-70
:thu:
and tbh i have the harder time playin in 10-46 compared to 14-70s
:lol:

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

maybe. : )

• Members

I was playing through a Johnson Millennium 250 head. It had insane bottom end to it at the point were one of the modules always had to be a EQ at the end to shape the bottom end into proportion. Now I'm running a rack and my preamp sucks and that same bottom end is nowhere to be found. perhaps some more tweaking is needed deep in it but a vintage sound is never going to have the bottom end I'm used to.

• Members

I was playing through a Johnson Millennium 250 head. It had insane bottom end to it at the point were one of the modules always had to be a EQ at the end to shape the bottom end into proportion. Now I'm running a rack and my preamp sucks and that same bottom end is nowhere to be found. perhaps some more tweaking is needed deep in it but a vintage sound is never going to have the bottom end I'm used to.

yeah the johnson might not be the best head for drop tunings. a good tube head with 6l6s or kt88s would def make u happy to say the least:lol: i dont know what music you play but the vintage mode on my recto sounds amazing. and if your a bit more conservative with the sig you can get an amazing classic rock sound :thu:

• Members

Johnson Millenium 250 is the worst, the absolute worst amp i have ever played. That amp is a total piece of {censored}....just {censored}ing dump it and get something else, dont waste your time.

Archived