EGNATOR REBEL HEAD IS OUT

southtexslinger

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It will keep up fine in most situations. I played out with a 115 db drummer and I was fine. We had another person demo it with his band it he said it kept up against a JMP 100 and it was no issue. This thing is not a toy!

It will take you from a nice jazzy clean say Deluxish to JCM 800 with a bit more rip. The tube mix is really really really cool!

Jeff, so is the Rebel like a hot-rodded 800 then?

• Members
I've not payed any attention to 6V6 power tubes. How would you characterize their sound? Fender-ish?

Smooth... creamy :idk: My Rockerverb 50 runs a matched quad and I'd say these are the best terms I can use to discribe the tone...

They are supposedley the little brother of the 6L6... so yeah, they might be able to cop some Fender-esque tones.

• Members

Might have been this that was seen on eBay..it's not a Rebel:

RM20HB.jpg

The Rebel was delayed due to a patent issue..Bruce had to redesign the EL84/6V6 section as I think he inadvertently violated a Mesa(?) patent with the switching method he was using.

• Members

I've not payed any attention to 6V6 power tubes. How would you characterize their sound? Fender-ish?

I've read where a couple of amp builders said that cranked 6V6's sound alot like EL34 power tubes,which could give a dimed Rebel [in 6V6 mode] a Marshall like flavor.Clean,think Fender Deluxe Reverb.

Ed

• Members
Might have been this that was seen on eBay..it's not a Rebel:

RM20HB.jpg

The Rebel was delayed due to a patent issue..Bruce had to redesign the EL84/6V6 section as I think he inadvertently violated a Mesa(?) patent with the switching method he was using.

remember whenever you decide you don't want that anymore, DIBS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Alright it is October.

Has this thing shipped yet? Anyone know?

According to a thread over on TGP, they are on the way to GC's warehouse where they will be distributed to the stores early next week.

I haven't been this interested in a new amp in a long time. If it sounds good I'll be one of the first buyers.

• Members
Pre ordered mine today, said ship date is suppose to be 10/16.

Just FYI, ordering through Musicians Friend will be free shipping and no sales tax as opposed to the online GC.
:cop:

I'm going to wait to hear some opinions and feedback on these before I order. If the early user reviews are favorable, I'll pull the trigger on it.

• Members

It will keep up fine in most situations. I played out with a 115 db drummer and I was fine. We had another person demo it with his band it he said it kept up against a JMP 100 and it was no issue. This thing is not a toy!

It will take you from a nice jazzy clean say Deluxish to JCM 800 with a bit more rip. The tube mix is really really really cool!

Kept up against a jmp 100? so a 20 watt amp keeps up with one of the loudest amps out there? with 6v6's?

Archived