EGNATOR REBEL HEAD IS OUT

southtexslinger

• Members

Consider, if you would, that this amp is built with chinese parts. There is nothing wrong with that, however, the tolerances may be way off on some amps and closer on others, which might account for the sound differences between each amp.

Just a thought...

I may agree with you on this. The first one I tried out was rip-snortin' gain wise and my only complaint was the lack of clean tones when rolling back the volume. The other one I tried (twice now) isn't any better than my V32 for gain tones and the Crate slays the Rebel for cleans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea. They are hit and miss. With the one I played today, I could get as much clean as I wanted. The chunky OD is stinkin awesome. I was going to buy an AC30 Head, but I may get the Rebel instead. Im so torn right now. Its got such big nuts for such a cute little thing.

If your a tone snob and you think this thing lacks tone, I'm sure you played a lemon. There's no other explanation.

• Members

i played one through its matching cab and thought it was great as well. If someone thinks it is dull and lifeless and loves his $199 blackheart over it, I am buying a blackheart, because I went there for to compare those and want one of those as well. I will still get the egnater, but for $199 I want the little giant before price goes up. The egnaters must have a bad batch, but people were coming to check out my guitar because it sounded good and I was playing my warmoth parts guitar with EMG 81 and EMG 85 and an adjustable boost that was off most of the time. I was able to get ANY tone out of that amp and guitar and people where pretty shocked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

If any of you are buying one of these, avoid the first batch. There is a problem with certain effects causing hiss/hum in the effects loop. A resistor needs to be moved to fix it. Egnator will fix it for free if you send it to them, but if you do it yourself- you void the warranty.

Archived