Guys using Duncan Blackouts... Anyone have links to clean clips?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

These clean toanez sounds ok?

Seems responsive aswell
:idk:

Yeah I've watched that video a few times, and I like his playing and sound a lot. :thu: But there's a little clean there, but most of it is is more overdriven. I wanted to hear more really clean cleans though. I am getting a soft touch momentary switch button killswitch like he's using though. That should be fun as hell to play with. :love:

And yeah, being more lively and responsive than EMG's is something a lot of people say about them. That's why I'm thinking about using them. I really wish they would just make the damn single coil for 7 strings. bleh

• Members

Yeah I've watched that video a few times, and I like his playing and sound a lot.
:thu:
But there's a little clean there, but most of it is is more overdriven.
I wanted to hear more really clean cleans though
. I am getting a soft touch momentary switch button killswitch like he's using though. That should be fun as hell to play with.
:love:

And yeah, being more lively and responsive than EMG's is something a lot of people say about them. That's why I'm thinking about using them. I really wish they would just make the damn single coil for 7 strings. bleh

Breakfast is served :love:

[YOUTUBE]9lqAnzIBPvU[/YOUTUBE]

Skip to the second half, he plays the bridge and neck clean seperately. You can keep an eye on the pickup selector to see which one he's using.

• Members

Skip to the second half, he plays the bridge and neck clean seperately. You can keep an eye on the pickup selector to see which one he's using.

I didn't like his tone too much myself (pretty thin) but that does show they will stay clean even if you dig in a bit. I'm telling you, they can do it.

• Members

ok apologies for this clip wouldn't normally post cause my playing is {censored} but since noone else has and I got a new usb interface for the laptop today I was installing here you go. Just recorded with presets from vintage amp room on the pc direct in. tones aint anything impressive and playing sucks but if nothing else shows capable of very clean sounds. I personally love the pickups, need to tweek amp from my prs for 'em and they don't need boosted but sound great they are very hot though and you need to roll the volume off a bit for pristine cleans...so here ya go.

http://www.4shared.com/file/64194868/7c66f76e/blackout_cleans.html

I've never posted on this hosting site before but I don't have any hosting space at the moment so hopefully that works.

• Members

I like my Blackouts but I don't really do a whole lot of clean stuff.

Good thread though.

I play clean a lot. I rarely play with mid gain sounds, but play both clean and high gain about equally. I think I might just go with the blackouts and hope I like them clean... if I'm not happy with them clean I might switch them out for the 707TWs so I have the single coils...

Or maybe I could use the Blackout Bridge and the 707TW in the neck, depending on if the levels were balanced enough...

Archived