Is There A Reason I Shouldn't Trade My XTC For an OD-50?

Slim Jim

• Members

Why did you unload yours btw? I dig your IIC+ clip, very nice amps, but I liked the XTC vid you did a lot.

I dunno, I guess I tired of it. I was constantly going through whether or not to sell it, so I figured I couldn't love it THAT much. I did think it was an amazing amp, but I just dunno, something didn't quite click I suppose. Don't get me wrong, some days I thought I would never sell it but more often than not over the past few weeks, I kept thinking of moving it on.

So I did, for the IIC+.

• Members

It depends on what version of the OD50 it is. If it's the Standard version with 5881's, keep the XTC. I have a 100 watt OD100 Classic Plus and I really love it. It's more of an old school Marshall tone, but can do metal as well.

• Members
I dunno, I guess I tired of it. I was constantly going through whether or not to sell it, so I figured I couldn't love it THAT much. I did think it was an amazing amp, but I just dunno, something didn't quite click I suppose. Don't get me wrong, some days I thought I would never sell it but more often than not over the past few weeks, I kept thinking of moving it on.

So I did, for the IIC+.

ic, just wanted a change, I can relate. That's why I sold my Mark IV and went on an amp whoring binge, lol :p

• Members

I've thought about getting mine converted to a SE+. It would cost me a $350 to get everything done to it that I want, but I just love the wide open Marshally tone the Classic Plus has. I can get it modified for $100 to what I want, which is basically like the layout of the XTC.

• Members

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

If I could try these amps out, I would, but there are literally no dealers near me.

It's an OD-50 plus cash.. but not that much.

It's got 5881's in 'er.

The clips didn't do much for me either, other than the cleans.

Sshheeeiitt.

Decisions, decisions.

Oh and Mr R Gecko, I'm offing it to essentially pay some bills.. plus I want something with a better clean channel and less compressed.

The Classic, Shiva, or 5150 III might be the answer then. Unless anyone else has another suggestion.

• Members

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

If I could try these amps out, I would, but there are literally no dealers near me.

It's an OD-50 plus cash.. but not that much.

It's got 5881's in 'er.

The clips didn't do much for me either, other than the cleans.

Sshheeeiitt.

Decisions, decisions.

Oh and Mr R Gecko, I'm offing it to essentially pay some bills.. plus I want something with a better clean channel and less compressed.

The Classic, Shiva, or 5150 III might be the answer then. Unless anyone else has another suggestion.

You should be able to try the 5150 III locally. The Shiva is not as aggressive as the XTC Classic. It has less gain and I've heard a lot of people trying to modify the gain channel to get it where they want. (it falls just short of 80's metal, which bothers some).

Archived