Anyone ever Bias a t100?

NixerX

• Members

I was looking into biasing my carvin T100. Pretty cool little unit since you can have diff tube types per side. I pop the top and notice that I have to send a screw driver through all these components to reach the pot. The manual says nothing about how to bias it.

Anyone here ever bias one of these crazy cool things?

• Members

to reach the pot. The manual says nothing about how to bias it.

Anyone here ever bias one of these crazy cool things?

I have never worked on one of these BUT, if I understand your description correctly, it might be a good idea to slide a piece of heat-shrink over the screwdriver shaft and shrink it to reduce the risk of shock or damage.

Why not contact Carvin or go to Carvin's user forum http://www.carvinmuseum.com/index.shtml to get better instructions for proper adjustment technique.

• Members

I have never worked on one of these BUT, if I understand your description correctly, it might be a good idea to slide a piece of heat-shrink over the screwdriver shaft and shrink it to reduce the risk of shock or damage.

Why not contact Carvin or go to Carvin's user forum
http://www.carvinmuseum.com/index.shtml
to get better instructions for proper adjustment technique.

HEY! those are both banner suggestions. I like the heat shrink one...of course i'll double up on it cause im chicken {censored} about getting zapped.

thanks! :thu::thu::thu:

• 12 years later...
  • Moderators
On 4/8/2021 at 10:36 PM, philosopherguitarist said:

Did you figure out the best way to bias your T100? I'm going to try and bias mine for the first time

2 hours ago, philosopherguitarist said:

Anyone?

on the Carvin website at the bottom of the 'Technical Documents' page there is a PDF file called 'BrianD's Pictorial Guide to Biasing Tube Amps'. TBH, I have not looked at it, but it might be worth downloading before you start tinkering...:thu:

I hope that you are aware of the potentially lethal voltages present in the capacitors [which should be properly discharged before performing ANY work on an amp].:wave:

Archived