Voodoo 1959 w/Jose-mod > your face (clip)

bullhead

• Members

clip

just try to find a flaw with that sound... alright, i'm not 100% on the way my pickups handle the bottom-end, but still, i'm pretty stoked about that sound considering i took my mics out of a box ten minutes before i hit record, first try on placement.

what does teh CHAF thinkz?

• Members

I thought it sounded pretty good once you started actually playing a riff. In the beginning and through some of the clip, you sounded like you were laying on the floor strumming the guitar with an axe or something. When you do a clip, I recommend playing something with a groove so people can hear the tone.

I would drop the treble a tad and bring up the bass a little. Sounded pretty good though.:thu:

Oh, tune your guitar also.:p

• Members

Sounds like it has potential. I'd back down the treble, or whatever it is you're doing for all that high end (though maybe all the highs you have going on there will sound good in a recorded mix).

Like Reaper said, get to the goods next time. I just skipped the uh, whatever it was until you got to the riffage... :rawk:

• Members

sounds good. what do you think of the bass on it? (compared to a stock version)

i've listened to one of the clips on the voodoo site and it had enough bass but it was nearly on 0 and going through a 2x12!

i'm interested in getting one of these amps but am concerned that it will have too much bass or more of a modern bass response rather than a traditional marshall bass response.

• Members

just try to find a flaw with that sound... alright, i'm not 100% on the way my pickups handle the bottom-end, but still, i'm pretty stoked about that sound considering i took my mics out of a box ten minutes before i hit record, first try on placement.

what does teh CHAF thinkz?

sounds pretty good, but i think your hex clip sounds better.

• Members

sounds good. what do you think of the bass on it? (compared to a stock version)

i've listened to one of the clips on the voodoo site and it had enough bass but it was nearly on 0 and going through a 2x12!

i'm interested in getting one of these amps but am concerned that it will have too much bass or more of a modern bass response rather than a traditional marshall bass response.

i can tell you the bass was on about 3 for this clip. my pups are really hot with almost too much bass for me, but if i dime the bass, it doesn't get out of control.

• Members

Your playing was pretty aweful and the tone was all right.. Tone is in the finger's my friends. I also really didnt like the decay of the notes..

Actually if a guitarist can really play he can get away with using a ratty sounding amp. That doesn't put EQ in the fingertips.

bullhead, the amp sounds fine regardless of your not so bad playing!

Archived