2 syllable phrases.

BrianKeesy

• Members

I'm working on a "daydream" song that has a up-beat kind of fun feel to it. I am starting each verse with a 2 syllable phrase that starts the feel of the verse and I can only think of 3 of them so far and 1 of those I don't think I'm gonna use. So far I've got

Tick-Tock

I'm watching the clock.

Ding-Dong

I'll sing a little song.

That is only part of the verses incase they weren't making much sense. I just need some ideas for 2 syllable phrases that are "silly" so I can continue on with this song.

Thank you for any input you all might have.

-Brian

• Members

:D

Bing-bang.

Clip-clop.

Plip-plop.

Do they have to be onomatopoetic?

Flip-flop.

Tip top.

Flip top.

Sock hop.

Hmm... I may be drifting afield here... anyhow... I'm thinking just let your mind go. You know what you're looking for and you'll know it when you find it...

;)

• Members

Here are some two syllable sentences. They're not oh-no-mata-whatever, though.

What's up?

What's new?

What's that?

Who's that?

Who's there?

How's that?

Shut up!

Hey you! (been done, though.)

Come back.

Come here.

Come down (been done)

Calm down.

It's me!

And here's a one-act play, made entirely of two syllable sentences:

It's you!

Who me?

Yeah, you!

Not me?

No, him!

Why me?

Why not?

But why?

Just 'cause.

O.K.

• Members

I read some of the 2 syllable phrases and got inspired. I wrote a song using some of them.. Is it bad form to use some words posted in this thread? This is by no means an upbeat song like the OP was working on...

I would probably have not worried about it and buried it, but I kinda like the song now. I strummed out a driving sort of rhythm and was inspired to write a song about stalking.

I promise to post a recording of it when I can :idea: I call it "Come Back"

What

• Moderators

I read some of the 2 syllable phrases and got inspired. I wrote a song using some of them.. Is it bad form to use some words posted in this thread? This is by no means an upbeat song like the OP was working on...

I would probably have not worried about it and buried it, but I kinda like the song now. I strummed out a driving sort of rhythm and was inspired to write a song about stalking.

I promise to post a recording of it when I can :idea: I call it "Come Back"

What

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I think the two syllable phrase approach yielded a very nice, easy listening tune.. with a very effective and refreshing hook. There's a hint of old fashioned in the two syllable hook, but I think it works quite nicely. As you are playing it live for a while sounds like you get some good audience reaction.

Well done!

Rick

Archived