Guthrie Govan is not human

Say Ocean

• Members

On the you tube video of fives, is that a string dampener on the head stock?

It is just a hair scrunchie that chicks use. He puts it on to damp the strings when he is doing multi-string, multi-finger tapping. I have a complete transcription of that version of "Fives" that is very accurate. You can get it with video, audio and a backing track without lead guitar for like $8 from bluesjamtracks.com.

Steve

• Members

It is just a hair scrunchie that chicks use. He puts it on to damp the strings when he is doing multi-string, multi-finger tapping. I have a complete transcription of that version of "Fives" that is very accurate. You can get it with video, audio and a backing track without lead guitar for like $8 from bluesjamtracks.com.

Steve

But does it actually work on the head stock?

• Members

Doesn't do much, if anything on a headstock. As far as I know. But I've never used one. Anyway I think that generally guitarists slide it onto the actual neck during parts where its desired and slide it off. Watch some videos of Andy James; he does this.

• Members

:rolleyes::cop:

He only uses it on stuff like "Sevens" where he is doing multi-string, multi-finger tapping. He doesn't need it for "fives", hence it is on the headstock. He literally moves it on and off during a song like "sevens"...

Steve

• Members

I can't stop listening to waves. It's amazing. I'm forcing myself to learn it, even though I probably can't play any of the solos at half speed even. The clean solo halfway through? What the {censored}? People just don't do that. It's not natural. Perfectly clean with no gain covering it up, with dynamics and accenting notes here and there, just a perfect flurry. The man is literally completely free to do whatever he wants on the instrument. It's ridiculous.

yeah, govan's tone is pure. it's amazing :love:

and I purchased the fives pack on the blues jam track website. Well worth it :)

Archived