AC/DC Black Ice!!!

noirjp

• Members

I love ac/dc...

And this new record sounds amazing tone wise, but song writting, and vocals are pure ass.

I have to rack this record up for the worst one they have ever put out...

I even like fly on the wall better!

Its just Johnsons vocals, hes too old to sing, his voice doesnt even have anything left...

• Members

The recording of Black Ice is very good. I like the guitar tones, even if the Wizard amps seem to have a bit of fizz on the top end (anyone else hear that?)

The songs are ok. I like the more melodic direction they took on some of them. It's a decent album - not breaking any ground here, and certainly not one of AC/DC's highlight albums, if you ask me. It's better than their last studio effort, however, but a far cry from their albums of old.

• Members

I've only been once through the full album, but so far I'm a bit underwhelmed. The tone sounds nice, but one song just fades into the next. There's nothing memorable about any of the songs. Maybe that feeling will change as I listen more. I haven't been able to stop listening to Death Magnetic since it came out. I really don't expect this cd to have anywhere near that kind of staying power in my cd player.

• Members

I've only been once through the full album, but so far I'm a bit underwhelmed. The tone sounds nice, but one song just fades into the next. There's nothing memorable about any of the songs. Maybe that feeling will change as I listen more. I haven't been able to stop listening to Death Magnetic since it came out. I really don't expect this cd to have anywhere near that kind of staying power in my cd player.

Wow, we agree 100%.

• Members

Got my copy from ACDC.com this past Monday. So far a really like it -- a few stinker/throw-away tunes but overall it's a solid record IMO. Love the tones, Brian's voice sounds great and the production is very nice.

:thu:

completely agree.

• Members

Got my copy from ACDC.com this past Monday. So far a really like it -- a few stinker/throw-away tunes

:thu:

Every album of theirs has a couple stinkers. Back in Black could have done without "Let Me Put My Love into You" and "Have a Drink on Me"

• Members

Overall it's a solid album, much better than stiff upper lip. I thought cliff's bass lines were much better, phil rudd's sound is massive and not sure how but seems brian's voice is getting better with age. Not sure about angus cause he's not soloing like he used to, not as aggressive as he used to be.

But all in all there's some classic riffs and killer tone on this album, are they still using Wizard amps?

• Members

Malcolm uses late 70's Marshall JMP 100 watts, master volume, vertical inputs, not sure who modded them or if they are "Wizard" modded. You can clearly see them in the Rock'n'Roll Train video as long as that's what he's playing through. Sometimes Angus uses JMP 50 watt and sometimes JMP 100 watt amps depending on venue. They might be using new Marshall hand-wired heads to save their old 70's stuff from the road. I saw a video from a 1976 Australian Rock TV show with both Malcolm and Angus using two Orange OR-120, 120 watt heads with two stacks of Orange 4X12's. I just remember they had a great blues-rock tone in that video. It was on YouTube and now I can't find it.

Archived