The Faceless - Planetary Duality...

JoshuaLogan

• Members

...releases on Tuesday. It's leaked online right now, and it's really good. There seems to be some fusion influence on the lead playing... and the whole album is really melodic. It's leaning more on the progressive side than Akeldama did, and just more mature overall... It's good stuff. Check it out!

• Members

^^^This man is right!! Awesome stuff!! Some of the riffs are just a mindf*$!. It boggles me how keene can play so fast and prescise. Production kicks ass too. Another honorable mention for tuesday is deeds of flesh, starting to get more technical as well.

• Members

^^^This man is right!! Awesome stuff!! Some of the riffs are just a mindf*$!. It boggles me how keene can play so fast and prescise. Production kicks ass too. Another honorable mention for tuesday is deeds of flesh, starting to get more technical as well.

The production is very clean and balanced. Sounds good.... guitar tones are good too... especially the leads. The leads sounds really good... both playing and tone... another good example of how good EMGs can sound in the right hands (for all the EMG haters)...

I love the crazy riffing, of course, but the slower, moody, melodic clean and solo sections are the parts I like the most on here... just kind of a unique style that keeps it sounding fresh. :)

• Members

Yeah. November 11th, I'l be picking this up. Certain Cynic influence on particular vocal passages ...
:thu:
. Good call on Deeds of Flesh, and I'd like to rep the new Severed Saviour as well... holygut{censored}ing.
:love:

Yeah, there's some vocoder stuff on some of the vocals. There's some nice clean sung vocal parts too, but they don't last long. It'd be nice to hear some of that over the clean guitar sections.

• Members

Listening to the myspace now. It's very technically impressive and brutal, but it's not exactly floating my boat musically. I prefer the new DoF and SS. Also the guitar tone is kinda meh IMO. I mean, it's not bad, but it's a little too scooped and digital, sounds very "cold," especially combined with the very artificial sounding drums (I really wish that trend would die a quiet death). Lead tone is comparatively much better though, very Holdsworth reminiscent ;). I can definitely respect the musicianship but the songwriting leaves me a little cold. Perhaps I shall give it more listens though.

• Members

Listening to the myspace now. It's very technically impressive and brutal, but it's not exactly floating my boat musically. I prefer the new DoF and SS. Also the guitar tone is kinda meh IMO. I mean, it's not bad, but it's a little too scooped and digital, sounds very "cold," especially combined with the very artificial sounding drums (I really wish that trend would die a quiet death). Lead tone is comparatively much better though, very Holdsworth reminiscent
;)
. I can definitely respect the musicianship but the songwriting leaves me a little cold. Perhaps I shall give it more listens though.

Download the leak on bittorrent or soulseek or something. I actually think you'd like this one for some reason.

• Members

definitely good, but im thinkin i prefer Akeldama...the vocalist on that cd was just more aggressive...

lots of weird vocoder stuff....and more clean sung parts i really care for..

the digital coldness youre referring to in the guitar tone was either his Randall V2 or the Line6 he was notorious for using on all the recordings he touched...akeldama, born of osiris, veil of maya..

• Members

Played a show with the Faceless last night. INCREDIBLE {censored}ing band. I only got to see their last three songs though because we were tearing down and loading up while they were playing.

I suggest seeing them live if you have the chance. :thu:

• Members

definitely good, but im thinkin i prefer Akeldama...the vocalist on that cd was just more aggressive...

lots of weird vocoder stuff....and more clean sung parts i really care for..

the digital coldness youre referring to in the guitar tone was either his Randall V2 or the Line6 he was notorious for using on all the recordings he touched...akeldama, born of osiris, veil of maya..

Last time I saw them they were using the Line 6 Vetta. Last night, they were using Randall V2.

Archived