Music shop sales people are funny

dtfan4ever

• Members

I went to the Orange dealer here and asked to be hooked up to an Orange 4x12 so I could see what one sounded like. The sales person then tells me that I should try the Randall Lynch 4x12 instead as the Orange was designed ONLY for Jazz and clean tones.

LOL - to which I replied: Really? These seem to work well for Jim Root of Slipknot. I think you need to shut up and let me test it out anyway.

Conclusion - Orange 4x12 rocks and has really great low end. Sales person looked stupid and continued to insist I only play Jazz even after I'd already proven that the damn thing does handle rock and metal well.

Please post your funny/stupid dealer/sales person opinion quotes here.

• Members

I think he was messing with you 'cause you look gullible.

Actually, come to HK sometime and go to a music store. These people think they know everything there is to know about gear.

I went to another music store and asked what kind of wood was used in a particular bass and they sales person said it was maple. I said it couldn't be since it was a dark wood. They insisted and in the end I made them look it up online to find out it was bubinga.

• Members

calling bull{censored}

+1, either this or he didn't think you could afford the Orange and didn't want to waste his time. Since when did jazzers use Orange 4x12s? I am not saying they couldn't, but that certainly is not the common jazz amp. Did you whip out your wad of cash? If not, it didn't happen. That is when you go to another store.

• Members
:poke:

That would actually be funny if the Line6 dealer was the same as the Randall/Orange dealer.

In Hong Kong, different stores carry different brands. Not like in the US where you walk in to Guitar Center and pretty much all brands are represented in one store/chain.

Again, for the naysayers who want to make fun of me, that's all right, go right ahead. :blah: You're being asinine because a) you don't know me, b) you don't know how things work here, c) you don't have to actually make fun of me to my face but can do it in the safety of anonymity over the internet. It's ok. You're ignorant. I just find it startling how you think that by being assholes to me that you're somehow better or smarter or just downright clever!

When I started this thread, I just had the simple intention of sharing what happened to me with you. I moved to this place a year ago. Prior to which I lived in Boston. I miss my friends terribly. I deal with people who don't speak very good English most of the time. In fact, most daily things are difficult even a year into living here since I have to battle the language hurdle every day. Not to mention shopping for gear...

• Members

Again, for the naysayers who want to make fun of me, that's all right, go right ahead.
:blah:
You're being asinine because a) you don't know me, b) you don't know how things work here, c) you don't have to actually make fun of me to my face but can do it in the safety of anonymity over the internet. It's ok. You're ignorant. I just find it startling how you think that by being assholes to me that you're somehow better or smarter or just downright clever!

reader(1).jpg

• Members

+1, either this or he didn't think you could afford the Orange and didn't want to waste his time. Since when did jazzers use Orange 4x12s? I am not saying they couldn't, but that certainly is not the common jazz amp. Did you whip out your wad of cash? If not, it didn't happen. That is when you go to another store.

Oh, I had the cash ready, but while I was trying it out, the Mesa dealer called me to tell that they had a 4x12 Rectifier Straight cab.

I posted a NAD thread about my Mesa aquisition:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2132046

Archived