Name a popular artist you never understood the appeal of

Swingfinger

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My kind of [EDIT: off-]topic... [EDIT: :D ]

Too bad this BB limits you to only something like 8000 characters a post. :D

This is gonna take me a while... I'll be back.

But right off the top, I'd say any band where the male members of the band wore spandex.

• Members

My kind of topic...

Too bad this BB limits you to only something like 8000 characters a post.
:D

This is gonna take me a while... I'll be back.

But right off the top, I'd say any band where the male members of the band wore spandex.

Oh come on! surely you realize Cherry Pie by Warrant is an allegory for racial injustice.

Swing it in there cause she wants me to feed here

So I mixed up the batter

And she licked the beater

brilliant and subtle!

• Members

1. Dave Matthews: I have no idea how this guy got a recording contract. Is this music?

2. Alanis Morrisette: You can only sing those simple melodies, annoying falsettos and stupid lyrics so many times. No real musicality here. She was interviewed on "Tavis Smiley" last month and said she wrote 22 songs in 20 days in the studio and said that songs "just keep coming out of me".

3. Sting: Biggest mumbler of lyrics.

4. John Mayer: One of the worst "singers". Pretends to be a significant guitar player. Shameful.

5. Sheryl Crow: At best a satisfactory singer. Poor/weak tone in her voice. At best a satisfactory songwriter. She got her recording contract thanks to her old boss Eric Clapton.

6. KISS: Not rock-n-roll, not music, just a Halloween party + ego.

• Members

Bruce Springsteen: When he sings it sounds like he is taking a {censored}e. And that born to run song sucks, and everyone thinks it's like some classic, brilliant song.

Kid Rock: Just a {censored}ing dork, and his songs suck. I don't know how he is still making music.

Linkin Park: Every song is the same, Beats in the beginning, Rap the verse, Loud singing chorus, back to Rap again... Repeat.

David Bowie: Creepy guy. Hate his voice, sounds too 80's for me. Can't stand him.

• Members

my chemicle romance.

when did being a fag who hates yourself become cool???

Children of (boredom)

Alexi is Avril lavigne with a better guitar...but gayer! too much keyboards, try to be metal, more keyboards....blah

cradle of filth

STOP TRYING TO BE BLACK METAL!!!! you are far to gay to be evil!

that is all for now...

oh!

singer from Lamb of God...STOP TRYING TO BE PHIL ANSELMO!!!! IT HURTS TO WATCH!!! i still like (some) of the music.

• Members

I agree with Bruce Springsteen. He sounds like a guy who just walked off a 12 hr. shift at the loading docks and his range is pretty poor. He's tried to fool the public that he's walking in Dylan's footsteps.

Tom Waits: I haven't listened to enough of his music but what I have seen makes me wonder. I saw him perform (and interviewed) on Conan O'Brien last year and it was extremely surreal. He had white powder poured on the floor and he stomped on it and kicked it into the air.

• Members

I agree with
Bruce Springsteen
. He sounds like a guy who just walked off a 12 hr. shift at the loading docks and his range is pretty poor. He's tried to fool the public that he's walking in Dylan's footsteps.

Tom Waits
: I haven't listened to enough of his music but what I have seen makes me wonder. I saw him perform (and interviewed) on Conan O'Brien last year and it was extremely surreal. He had white powder poured on the floor and he stomped on it and kicked it into the air.

Have you heard any tracks off this album yet?

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/waitstom/orphans

I had trouble getting into him until I listened to these three discs.

• Members

HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! I LOVE it!

How about the ENTIRE "Teeny-Bop" and current "R&B" industries?!

I know, let's have a drum machine and MAYBE ONE keyboard, and have some chick or dork just sing (or talk) over it and call it music?!

Oh, oh! Let's have them DANCE on-stage, since there's really NOTHING else going on!!

"Music" is dead, "musicality" is its victim, and the industry itself is to blame. :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

• Members

cannibal corpse may be ridiculous but they are awesome!! m/

my other guitarist when we sound check we play stuid insane riffs and i do the corpsegrinder vocals and make up stupid CC {censored} "stuff your mouth with bleeding dick, beat you with a wooden stick" oh, i love cannibal corpse HAHAHA

• Members

Ever since the grunge scene/Kurt Cobain?

yeah, well, he had the balls to do something about it didn't he?

c'mon my chem boys...follow the leader.

(i made a funny)

but, the tunes were kinda good.

EDITED to include: i meant Nirvana, not my chem romance fags

• Members

To go off topic in this kinda off-topic thread (but to embroider on my first post):

I don't get music where grown up people have to act like teenagers on stage long after that looks utterly ludicrous. Nothing wrong with old guys (I'm an old guy) rocking. Just leave the silly clothes to people who still don't know how silly they look. They're the only ones who have the clueless grace to pull it off.

• Members

The Beatles... never could get into them

The Who.... never could get into them

Hair bands.... never could get into them

white rappers... never could get into them

Jack Johnson..... just gaaaay.

Limp Bizkit.... never could get into them

• Members

Coldplay--I don't hate them. They've got a few good songs, (that song from the iPod commercial is exceptionally good), but an entire album of theirs will put you to sleep.

Nickelback--I actually have a sort-of fascination with this band. The fact that they can create such dull, dreary music, yet be one of the most successful bands around with a ton of hits--they've got to be doing something right. I hope to someday figure out what that is.

Led Zeppelin--I don't know. I suppose they were great in their day, but one of my band mates plays them in his car sometimes, and I just find them sort of boring. I suppose I could say the same about Pink Floyd or a lot of those artsy '70s rock bands with really long songs.

• Members

yeah, well, he had the balls to do something about it didn't he?

c'mon my chem boys...follow the leader.

(i made a funny)

but, the tunes were kinda good.

EDITED to include: i meant Nirvana, not my chem romance fags

you got it all wrong mate. I really enjoy quite a few of the Nirvana tracks, but he sure did make it cool to be a greasy depressed loser.

• Members

Coldplay--I don't hate them. They've got a few good songs, (that song from the iPod commercial is exceptionally good), but an entire album of theirs will put you to sleep.

Nickelback--I actually have a sort-of fascination with this band. The fact that they can create such dull, dreary music, yet be one of the most successful bands around with a ton of hits--they've got to be doing something right. I hope to someday figure out what that is.

Led Zeppelin--I don't know. I suppose they were great in their day, but one of my band mates plays them in his car sometimes, and I just find them sort of boring. I suppose I could say the same about Pink Floyd or a lot of those artsy '70s rock bands with really long songs.

Nickelback actually seem to be decent musicians but they're content writing disposable radio rock and making millions. hey.... I'd sell out for a few million :evil:

• Members

He did it with style or a lack there of.

my chem just are gay, gay, and more gay, i love the vid of Cobain talking {censored} about Axle Rose. PRICELESS

like when the 80's pretty bands were being gay Slayer wanted to be ugly and raw and stuff....

now...they're pretty too...

okay, not quite as pretty

• Members

Nickelback actually seem to be decent musicians but they're content writing disposable radio rock and making millions. hey.... I'd sell out for a few million
:evil:

That's part of the reason for my fascination. They don't apologize for "selling out" (if there is such thing nowadays) and making loads of money, and they don't pretend to be "artists". Their music is purely product, and that's fine with them. It's kind of refreshing, actually.

Archived