Craigslist Crackhead of the Day. Bogner Content.

Chrisjd

• Members
I wasn't in a good cash flow position at the time since I had just bought some TVs and had to pay over $10k in property taxes. The cash flow is back to normal now - so yeah I might have been interested. I'm looking at an RGA 321 that I can maybe get brand new for a little more than $700.

Have you ever played a Bogner cab, or do you just like to bash them for the higher price?
;)
:poke:

I was also underwelmed by the build-quality of the headshell of the Nitro I had too. Not that it was bad, it just didn't feel as substantial as other amps I've owned.

My splawn cabs are TANKS. Extremely tough.

I have played a bogner cab. They look great and sound great. I didn't find anything about it that made the used value $250-$300 more than a mesa cab though. In fact, I like the mesa better for coming loaded with 4 v30s instead of 2 g12t75s like the bogner.:lol:

• Members

^you can order them with any kind of Celestion I believe. I've grown tired of the g12T75s as well. I have 2 ubercabs. The other has v30s/h30s. I may end up keeping the 2nd ubercab, but I'm only selling to maybe buy one of the new front-loaded Diezel cabs (for lord knows how much - but probably well over $1,200 :cop::facepalm:).

I do know that dealer cost on bogner 412 is over $800 after the shipping costs.

• Members
My splawn cabs are TANKS. Extremely tough.

I have played a bogner cab. They look great and sound great. I didn't find anything about it that made the used value $250-$300 more than a mesa cab though. In fact, I like the mesa better for coming loaded with 4 v30s instead of 2 g12t75s like the bogner.
:lol:

there are bogner cabs other than the uber cab. the uber cab is the one with the mix of g12t75s

• Members
I guess you're main agrument would be that you're a Bogner fanboi?
:cop:
Seriously though, could you even name one thing that would be considered an upgrade compared to Splawn construction-wise?

A fanboi wouldn't have one of his Bogner cabs for sale would he? :cop:

I said Bogner cabs are better built. I didn't say Splawns were bad - I would, infact, buy a Splawn cab if I get another Nitro or a Super Comp. Please note that I had a huge IMO in my post. That means that that's the way I feel about it. Feel free to disagree. It's all subjective. I base my opinion on comparing a Splawn cab and my Bogner cab side-by-side.

• Members
Now that you've sold the Uber, what amp you gonna pick up next?

I would like a Marshall 2203kk (Kerry King). Another 6505, or maybe a Mark III.

I would love a peters chimera or a Mak2 white, but the maks are never on the used market and I am not paying 2 grand for a 50 watt chimera.:lol::facepalm:

• Members
I would like a Marshall 2203kk (Kerry King). Another 6505, or maybe a Mark III.

I would love a peters chimera or a Mak2 white, but the maks are never on the used market and I am not paying 2 grand for a 50 watt chimera.
:lol::facepalm:

Supposedly there's going to be a revised version of the 6505+ announced at NAMM. That might be something you could check out too ;)

• Members
Supposedly there's going to be a revised version of the 6505+ announced at NAMM. That might be something you could check out too
;)

yes thanks, I am going to look for that.

I remember when you said you were going to sell the mak2 white, i told you to let me know because I would buy it, but you never did.:mad::cry:

• Members

in my post. That means that that's the way I feel about it. Feel free to disagree. It's all subjective. I base
my opinion
on comparing a Splawn cab and my Bogner cab side-by-side.

You didn't answer my question:idea:

I guess my feeling on the matter will remain the same.

The Bogner's are overhyped and the Splawn's are pure value

• Members
You didn't answer my question:idea:

I guess my feeling on the matter will remain the same.

The Bogner's are overhyped and the Splawn's are pure value

I think I said in a prior post that the bogner felt more substantial. I didn't open them up to compare. Better castor mechanism too if I recall. BTW - YOU can't argue with MY opinion, because it is just that. AN OPINION. It's not right or wrong, it just IS. ;) If I want something or like something better, I'm going to buy it, no matter the cost - hence my ownership of "over-priced" Diezels. I don't worry about a few extra bucks here or there. That's how I roll.:cool:

Nonetheless. I think I did say that my Splawn Nitro sounded better with Splawn cab than my Ubercab. Since I just bought back my old Nitro today, I'm in the market. :cop:

• Members
I think I said in a prior post that the bogner felt more substantial. I didn't open them up to compare. Better castor mechanism too if I recall. BTW - YOU can't argue with MY opinion, because it is just that. AN OPINION. It's not right or wrong, it just IS.
;)
If I want something or like something better, I'm going to buy it, no matter the cost - hence my ownership of "over-priced" Diezels. I don't worry about a few extra bucks here or there. That's how I roll.
:cool:

Nonetheless. I think I did say that my Splawn Nitro sounded better with Splawn cab than my Ubercab. Since I just bought back my old Nitro today, I'm in the market.

Opinions are great. If you say, "the Bogner just sounds better to me" then that's and opinion.
The fact of the matter is, you cannot justify the difference in price in mere build quality differences between the two.
The difference in price is directly related to the name "Bogner"

• Members
Opinions are great. If you say, "the Bogner just sounds better to me" then that's and opinion.

The fact of the matter is,
you cannot justify the difference in price in mere build quality differences between the two

The difference in price is directly related to the name "Bogner"

You miss the point I've been making...no matter the item....if TO ME there is a difference... which I BELIEVE, if I FEEL its worth more... which I BELIEVE, then I'll pay the extra cash and DO SO HAPPY IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT I GOT WAS I FELT WAS BEST, as will others apparently.

Take your Framus Cobra. You can't justify it's new price based on it's build quality can you. :poke::cop:

• Members
You miss the point I've been making...no matter the item....if TO ME there is a difference... which I BELIEVE, if I FEEL its worth more... which I BELIEVE, then I'll pay the extra cash and DO SO HAPPY IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT I GOT WAS I FELT WAS BEST, as will others apparently.

Take your Framus Cobra. You can't justify it's new price based on it's build quality can you. :poke:

What is it that makes you BELEIVE that it's better build quality was my question but you ducked that one several times.

I certainly don't care either way, just trying to figure out what's got you so high on these cabs and have a nice little conversation about the differences is all.:)

PS: I think your situation is the exact reason that Bogner is able to sell their cabs for more. A mere belief that it's better because it says Bogner. Ever heard of Mojo cabs?

Archived