Call me Selfish, but I LOVE Dominating in the Band Mix.

Chrisjd

• Members
You preaching about balanced midrange with a midrange heavy amp is amusing to me, you can only tame that Splawn midrange so far...
:p

Modern metal amps are normally dark by nature. JCM800's etc are the blueprint for guitar tone. They are ballpark for NORMAL guitar sounds.

People often say on here that mesa mks, JCM800's, Splawn QR's etc are mid ranged monsters but really they haven't cranked them or are used to the recto, Cobra, Krank uber metal sounds and have forgotten what basic amps are supposed to sound like.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Modern metal amps are normally dark by nature. JCM800's etc are the blueprint for guitar tone. They are ballpark for NORMAL guitar sounds.

People often say on here that mesa mks, JCM800's, Splawn QR's etc are mid ranged monsters but really they haven't cranked them or are used to the recto, Cobra, Krank uber metal sounds and have forgotten what basic amps are supposed to sound like.

On a scale of 1-10 how {censored}ing high are you right now?

• Members
Lol. What do you know about modern metal tone?

Get back to your Sabbath, your Hendrix and cover yourself in Teles and let the smelly metal wankers talk.

I was in a "tech" metal band for 4 years :facepalm:

Though I used a Flying V and a Peavey Ultra Plus then. :rawk:

And for the record, I don't own a tele.

• Members

+1 I want to hear every nuance of the music.

I do too.

Anyone who has seen job for a cowboy live will know what I am talking about... Loud guitars that emphasize the meanness and aggression of the music but you can still hear the bassist, vocalist and drummer well.

• Members

I do too.

Anyone who has seen
job for a cowboy
live will know what I am talking about... Loud guitars that emphasize the meanness and aggression of the music but you can still hear the bassist, vocalist and drummer well.

Worst brutal by numbers piece of {censored} band production whores on the face of the earth. Their production is so "good" you can hardly notice they can't play solos for {censored}.

You know why you can hear the drums? Because they use triggers and every cheat under the sun to sound good.

And yes they use triggers live.

• Members

Worst brutal by numbers piece of {censored} band production whores on the face of the earth. Their production is so "good" you can hardly notice they can't play solos for {censored}.

You know why you can hear the drums? Because they use triggers and every cheat under the sun to sound good.

And yes they use triggers live.

I knew before I mentioned them that you wouldn't hold any sort of positive opinion of them.

Doesn't change the fact that they sounded incredible live. I am not a HUGE fan of theirs, but they still had an amazing mix with everything being heard, while using the mid heavy 5150 II cranked pretty loud.

Archived