At Last, I have Returned to the DARK SIDE.

Chrisjd

• Members

the other guitar player in my band informed me last night that he's ready for me to build him an amp.

this means that i'll have his 6505 to monkey with:D

look for modded 6505 spam soon!

I didn't know you built amps. You think you can make something that sounds better than teh 6505?

• Members

I didn't know you built amps. You think you can make something that sounds better than teh 6505?

He built one for me (SLO clone, 4 KT88s). I had a bias modded 5150 at the same time which sounded good and I spent a lot of time tweaking it. The built amp smoked the 5150 in a lot of ways, especially in sheer power. That bitch was altogether too loud for me and my neighbors. What I did like about it was the oodles of gain and when you got the master to noon which was so incredibly loud, the thing almost played itself, totally buttery and effortless feel to it. Scottcrud has it now. The 5150 was nice in that it was so absolutely easy to dial in but it did lack the dynamics and articulation that the SLO clone had.

• Members

He built one for me (SLO clone, 4 KT88s). I had a bias modded 5150 at the same time which sounded good and I spent a lot of time tweaking it. The built amp smoked the 5150 in a lot of ways, especially in sheer power. That bitch was altogether too loud for me and my neighbors. What I did like about it was the oodles of gain and when you got the master to noon which was so incredibly loud, the thing almost played itself, totally buttery and effortless feel to it. Scottcrud has it now. The 5150 was nice in that it was so absolutely easy to dial in but it did lack the dynamics and articulation that the SLO clone had.

Interesting....

I would still probably prefer the voicing of the 5150/6505, but it would be fun to try it out nonetheless.

• Members

yes, my amps sound better than 5150s. i've made some improvements and changes to my amps since rockitsauce had his...now they're snarling beasts of rage.

PM for moar infoz:D

Archived