Phil Anselmo is a rasist?vid inside.

Ciula

• Members

Regardless of any of that though, I still give him props for bringing Morbid Angel out on tour when he was in one of the biggest metal bands in the world and no one else would touch death metal with a ten-foot pole. And he even would come out and do guest vocals... and sounded great.

So yeah like many others he might be an asshole, but he's not entirely without merit.

• Members

He's not a racist. He explained it in about a million interviews and videos you can find.

He is taking up for white people and said he was tired of the cool to be black thing. And much more I don't want to type. But he was just saying if they are going to say black power and support their race he will do the same for his.

Or maybe he is racist. lol I don't care.

• Members

Regardless of any of that though, I still give him props for bringing Morbid Angel out on tour when he was in one of the biggest metal bands in the world and no one else would touch death metal with a ten-foot pole. And he even would come out and do guest vocals... and sounded great.

So yeah like many others he might be an asshole, but he's not entirely without merit.

that was pretty much to grab onto any underground cred at the time (right around when he started now showering etc)

I always thought if aliens came to earth and just happened to land near a pantera concert they would pretty much think we were devolving

• Members

"I, Philip H. Anselmo, immediately after a very successful show in Dallas injected a lethal dose of Heroin into my arm, and died for 4 to 5 minutes. There was no lights, no beautiful music, just nothing. And then after 20 minutes (from what I heard later) my friends slapped me and poured water over my head all basically trying to revive me. The paramedics finally arrived and all I remember is waking up in the back of an ambulance. From that point on I knew all I wanted was to be back on the tour bus, going to the next gig. Instead I was going to the hospital where I was released very shortly. You see, I'm not a heroin addict. But I am (was) an intravenous drug abuser

Archived