PEAVEY JSX...lets talk about it!

Kyle DiSanto

• Members

Slightly about the amp, as told by my guitar teacher: The local store near me, Dale's Music, was a long time Peavey dealer. Joe Satriani actually came to the store when the amp came out. He played through it, and kept saying somethin was rattling. It turned out that one little screw in the cab was slightly loose. Joe has a crazy good ear.

Just my opinion, you can get {censored}ty tones out of the JSX, but you can also get some damn fine tones out of them.

• Members

I can not relate to this statement in the least.

Heres some clips of mine

great clips.

The JSX is a great amp, like the whole Ultra Series it has active EQ, which takes time to learn how to use it, but once you do it's great. The number 1 mistake people with these amps is try to EQ it like their would their other amps and that doesn't work on the JSX.

• Members

Have any of you guys tried using turning the master almost up all the way and using the channel volumes as your masters? I tried this during my last band practice and it sounded a lot less compressed and clearer in the mids. It added some top end which I fixed with the eq but I really liked it alot. ;)

Archived