My first Uber clip... You guys have owned em. How did I do?

riffy

• Members

Soundsfizzy
:idk:
Sounds like you're on the right track but not quite there...

I will give it more work. I think the "fizzy" is from the higher than normal for me presence settings. The presence works a bit different on this thing. That and the Vintage 30 loaded cab. I like greenbacks better!

• Members

I just cannot get a good recorded sound from my V30 loaded cabinet either even though it sounds good in the room. I always have to switch back to my 2x12 for recording. Besides that, just play with mic positioning a lot and make sure you play at a proper volume. I couldn't get a good recorded sound until I had my master volume at noon, personally. It was painfully loud in the room but the recordings suddenly lost ALL 'fizz'. Sadly, even then, they didn't sound anything like what was in the room. I'm still working on this myself.

But yeah.. mic positioning and high volumes.

• Members

Thanks guys, but no modeler here. This is the real deal. I have this along with a 5150 for a week or so. Real Uber, real vintage 30 loaded cab. Gonna have to crank it I suppose. I couldn't last night due to the family.

Will post another when I can get it up in volume.

Gary

• Members

The Uber can be hard to capture accurately in clips.

The presence pot functions as a midcut/midboost. Mids around 3:00 will give a more Marshall mid-edged sound. I usually kept my Rev. Blue Uber's lead channel like this:

Volume: To taste
Presence: 10:00
Treble: 1:00
Middle: 11:00
Bass: 12:15
Gain: 1:00

Watch the interaction between the treble and middle controls, move one and you affect the other to some degree. Also don't run the gain past 2:00... as it will only further compress and thin out your sound. At 2:00 on the Rev. Blue models, and say 12:00 on the 2nd Rev. models, is MAX USEABLE GAIN... any higher setting doesn't add anything.

Archived