OT: Alright guys... I really need to lose some pounds...

Scarlet_Worm

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
good luck on that. ill be drinking beer, eating, and watching. look at the bright side though...if you pass that test and the rest of them, you'll be watching ufc 120 wasted on some liquid cocaine or hydro morphine.

I'm actually working on my BSRN nursing degree and have absolutely no desire to feel trashed out or waste a career. But I keep hearing that anaesthesiologists have a very high rate of addiction to the drugs they admin. :D

• Members

I got out of heart bypass a week ago today and have already lost 10lbs. Give it a shot.

Damn. Another poster mentioned his previous ulcerative colitis causing huge weight loss. Sorry to hear the bad deals some of you have gone through. Hang in there, and I hope you're able to make any changes needed in your diet and other routines, including giving up smoking if you haven't already.

• Members
I'm actually working on my BSRN nursing degree and have absolutely no desire to feel trashed out or waste a career. But I keep hearing that anaesthesiologists have a very high rate of addiction to the drugs they admin.
:D

thats good man. i know an aneasthesiologist, strung out, cant believe she keeps a job. youre young, life will kick in and youll break. lol. j/k

• Members
thats good man. i know an aneasthesiologist, strung out, cant believe she keeps a job. youre young, life will kick in and youll break. lol. j/k

Actually and unfortunately I'm not so young and am already broke in other ways. :lol:

Someone who used to sell cars talked about an anaesthesiologist who still had a decent job but was unable to even get approved for a few $thousand used car. :freak: I have to assume there was something strange going on. :D

• Members

Look... If weight loss is the only goal of the OP then eating less would work fine. Problem is he wants no be fit, not just skinny so eating less crap and more good food and working out is in order.

BTW... I'm being bad this morning and eating doughnuts. :thu:

• Members

I've got 3 bikes. Road, FS mountain, Rigid Mountain. I'm thinking of single-speeding the Rigid Ti hardtail.

do it. monocog mtn bikes are the {censored}.

i'm more of a road rider. thus far my collection includes a racing bike, a touring bike, a track bike, and a mtn bike.

• Members

Damn. Another poster mentioned his previous ulcerative colitis causing huge weight loss. Sorry to hear the bad deals some of you have gone through. Hang in there, and I hope you're able to make any changes needed in your diet and other routines, including giving up smoking if you haven't already.

Thanks for the support! I'll be good. Just a lack of appetite right now from the pain killers etc. I don't smoke and chemically, after a zillion blood tests, I was as healthy as a horse...just unlucky I guess. My cholesterol was only 143.

• Members

Seriously, trying to get into shape "fast" may not be the best approach. If you do the right things you will see some results quickly, but it took you all your life to get into the shape you're in. Expecting drastic results could prove to be unrealistic at best and dangerous at worst.

• Members

Thanks for the support! I'll be good. Just a lack of appetite right now from the pain killers etc. I don't smoke and chemically, after a zillion blood tests, I was as healthy as a horse...just unlucky I guess. My cholesterol was only 143.

Great to hear things are looking up, but that really sucks to have had such good test results and still end up with the problem.

Guest Anonymous
I'm not sure increased forearm agility's going to contribute much, but any little extra effort may be worthwhile.
:D

I think you can use it while you are sitting on the couch just watching television. Very very easy to use and gain muscle.

• Members

Ride a bike. A lot. A ton. Running, especially on pavement, busts up your knees and joints, some more than others but for me it just sucks. I like running on dirt/mud/grass a lot, but pavement is a no. Biking is good as {censored} for you and good for your joints, and a lot more fun and less monotonous than running. You don't even have to get your heart rate going crazy; just riding a lot at a somewhat leisurely pace will help a lot.

Archived