bugera 333-212 actually rawks

goatman

• Members

i had a whinge on here how i didn't really like the way it sounds... but when i replaced the bugera 12ax7s for tung-sol ones.... OhMyGoodness! this thing comes to life! i can get very 5150-ish sounds even with the cheap behringer speakers in it :thu:

• Members

I like Burgeras
:idk:
nice amp for the buck and same quality as marshall
:cop:

I wouldn't say same quality but they are really good amps for the money. I have a feeling that a lot of people that bash these amps haven't actually played them. I run my 333xl head through two 412 cabs loaded with eminence wizards and it sounds comparable to more expensive amps

• Members

I mean it's not terribly offensive bad like the Blue Voodoo or anything. If you are on a strict budget then fine; it's not THAT bad and might be better than what some other people have.

It's a value issue that I have with them. If you are going to drop X amount of $ on them, I believe you should just wait and get a used version of the PV model the Bugera is designed after. I think the 33 is either the JSX or XXX. Regardless, I just don't see the value for the money.

spending 500/600/700 on the used PV instead of 500 on the Bugera is not that big of a leap.

Archived